Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Topkat88

• Members

Hello, Topkat. People deal with things in different ways. I wanted to go and stay in our room and not come out. I wanted to be surrounded by all ofhis things, and that's what I did a great deal of the first weeks.

When my father died, it was totally the opposite for my mother. She took every item that belonged to my dad, put them all in the bedroom upstairs, and locked the door, for over a year. No-one was allowed in there, and she wouldn't even go upstairs..she moved all of her things downstairs, and to this day..that's where she has her room. She did eventually go back up there, and cleared out those things, and packed, gave away, and gave the room to one of my brothers..but for over a year..it was a locked room, and a forbidden zone.

Do what is right for you. When you are ready to go back in, you will.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you find some help here. You're among friends.

• Moderators

DO NOT PLAY OR DOWNLOAD THIS ATTACHMENT. It may contain a virus/etc.

tk very sorry for your loss......

• Members

Topkat, my wife passed away the day before Thanksgiving. I still go into our bedroom and sleep in the same bed but it is hard. I feel her presence there and it makes me sad that she isn't next to me. The other poster is correct: people deal with a loss in different ways. I wanted to see her face so bad that I would watch dvd's that I had made of the family 20+ years ago. Some nights that helped, other nights I would hurt so much. Grieving is a journey that will take time but be open to it and experience what you feel you want to experience but don't suppress.

GeneB

Archived