Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

only child and grandchild lost both this year, I will never be the same again

mwidmar

• Members

I can't feel any joy and I am afraid and uncertain of how to go on without them. They were my mother and grandmother, they felt a lot like 2 mothers and they helped me raise my kids,and was always there for me. My mother in law is a horrible person and now she is taking advantage of my loss to be even more horrible. My husband as usually sides with her. I don't know how to go on. How to be the only mother for my kids. How to stand up for what I believe and the way I was raised without just breaking away. I am lost.

• Members
stillfighting431

I'm so sorry for your loss. I never knew my grandparents, maternal or paternal. They were gone before I was old enough to get to know them. But my mom more than made up for their absence from us sisters lives. She was our rock. The one constant we could always count on. Now I'm lost without her.I feel your pain & what you're going through. It’s been more than a year since she left us & I still don't know how to get thru the day. I still ask her everyday to give me strength to carry on.

Take comfort in the fact that they're not truly gone. Their spirit lives on inside you & your children. They must've been remarkable women. I know they passed all their wisdom & also their courage on to you although you can't see it yet since you're reeling from your loss. But their strength is inside you & you'll find it in time. Don’t lose heart. We're all doing the best we can while dealing with this unimaginable pain. You’ll feel better with time. You’re not alone. We’re all struggling. We’re all here with you.

Archived