Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost Mom to brain tumor

VesperJAK

• Members

I lost my mom two weeks ago. She was sick for about 9 months after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. We all knew that the end was around the corner with this news, but there is no such thing as preparing yourself for the loss. My mom was a solitary woman, who had a complicated past. She had struggled with many addictions and we felt like the parent to her most of the time. We didnt always have the greatest relationship but it still hurts like anything else would. People say "it feels like I lost a part of me" and I never understood what that could really feel like until now. Life has gone on, but it still feels as if something about the world is off, and something is missing. As tough as it was to watch her decline in the condition, I have to be grateful she is no longer in pain. I hope she heard my voice, felt my touch and heard us laugh around her towards the end. I hope she heard every time I told her I loved her and thought that maybe it could be the last time.

Some people say this hurt never goes away, you just learn to live with it. I cant imagine living with this feeling. It doesnt even seem real. The world is completely different to me now and things just dont make sense. Even when she was at her worst, the world around me still didnt feel as incomplete as it does now. I know Im not alone in this but it feels as if I am. Im 27 years old and I wont have my mother to be at my wedding, to see my children or any of it. There is truly no one that can replace a parent no matter what.

Im sorry for the rant, maybe its just better to get this stuff out.

• Members
BreathofAngel

I lost my mom two weeks ago. She was sick for about 9 months after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. We all knew that the end was around the corner with this news, but there is no such thing as preparing yourself for the loss. My mom was a solitary woman, who had a complicated past. She had struggled with many addictions and we felt like the parent to her most of the time. We didnt always have the greatest relationship but it still hurts like anything else would. People say "it feels like I lost a part of me" and I never understood what that could really feel like until now. Life has gone on, but it still feels as if something about the world is off, and something is missing. As tough as it was to watch her decline in the condition, I have to be grateful she is no longer in pain. I hope she heard my voice, felt my touch and heard us laugh around her towards the end. I hope she heard every time I told her I loved her and thought that maybe it could be the last time.

Some people say this hurt never goes away, you just learn to live with it. I cant imagine living with this feeling. It doesnt even seem real. The world is completely different to me now and things just dont make sense. Even when she was at her worst, the world around me still didnt feel as incomplete as it does now. I know Im not alone in this but it feels as if I am. Im 27 years old and I wont have my mother to be at my wedding, to see my children or any of it. There is truly no one that can replace a parent no matter what.

Im sorry for the rant, maybe its just better to get this stuff out.

Warmest greetings to you (((((((VesperJAK))))))),

I am very sorry for the physical loss of you dear Mother. I know it is most difficult to cope with that loss as a Mother is the most important person who brings you into the world and cares about you during your formative years and beyond. When she is gone there is a great void left in one's life. However, as difficult as it may be, a person's passing is the returning back to their true home and the healing of any illness they may have had. You have the wonderful memories of your Mom that are a great part of you and that will stay with you forever in your heart until you two meet again.

And yes, of course she heard you when you spoke to her to tell her that you loved her. It is said that even though a person may be very ill they are still capable of hearing and knowing what is going on though they may not be responsive. That has been a great source of comfort for many. And though you feel she will not be there for you during the important moments in your life, please know that she will be there in spirit! Those who move on are still capable of being right there with their loved ones and they will be able to both see and hear you because such great Love does not ever have an expiration date and is continuous throughout eternity. Please know that you are not alone. We are here for you and it is good to visit often and to speak what is in your heart. We have all gone through this and some are undergoing new experiences as we speak thus, we will extend our arms out to you and please know that we are your friends who care from one loving heart to another. We send you (((hugs))).

May God bless you and bring you great comfort and peace.

Grieving the Loss of a Parent: http://dying.lovetoknow.com/grieving-loss-parent

Support Groups for Losing Your Parents | eHow.com: http://www.ehow.com/info_7892812_support-groups-losing-parents.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you could hold the ocean in your arms, it still could not compare

with the vastness of love a Mother has in her heart for her child. -- BreathofAngel

Archived