Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mom died yesterday

soundofrain

• Members

I don't accept that she is gone. I keep going in her room to tell her something or to see if she needs a drink or I jump up thinking its time for her medicine. Then halfway down the hallway I remember she is not going to be there.

I feel an overwhelming need to wait outside in the yard for her to come back, since the crematory van took her away. I can't seem to wrap my mind around it.

I feel overwhelmed.

• Members
stillfighting431

I know the feeling dear...I'm so sorry for your loss.It's been over a year for me & I still can't believe that she's gone...The reality keeps hitting me over & over again that I'm never going to see her sweet face & hear her gentle voice again.....Everytime it does it hurts so much I can't catch a breath.......Hang in there...It'll get easier to live with this pain.....They say acceptance will come with time...I hope it does......You're not alone....

• Members

You are not alone. I know you probably have been told that but in reality you are not alone. I still feel like you. I don't accept the fact my Momma is gone and she has been since October 9, 2011. I feel very overwhelmed and everything else. I need some consolation but don't know what to do. People say it is gonna get better in time.

• Members
ajlounyinjurylaw

I don't think there are any words that can make it better when you lose a parent. My father passed away and i i have a hole inmy heart. Its a very devestating time and time will heal the hurt -- we wll never forget. Stay strong.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Dear (((((((soundofrain))))))), Please accept my deepest condolences on the physical passing of your dear Mother. Undoubtedly, this is a very hard time for you as what you have to say is what many experience especially when someone so special has passed-on. But know that she is not truly gone as she lives in your heart and will remain there forever with memories no one can take away.

Please try to take it easy on yourself during this time. I like your pseudonym by the way. I think that besides you liking the rain, the sound of rain brings great peace and comfort to so many. So, when in your sanctuary remember the sound of rain and that your dear Mom is right there with you in spirit along with that beautiful calming sound, because she is.

May you receive many blessings and great comfort and strength.

http://dying.lovetoknow.com/grieving-loss-parent

http://www.ehow.com/info_7892812_support-groups-losing-parents.html

• Members

Dear Soundofrain, I know the exact feelings you are feeling but for my dad now, and previously for my mom. I'm so sorry. Last night I was sitting here alone not knowing what to do with myself because everyone has gone home and I am alone now and every night I cooked dinner for me and Daddy so I kept watching the clock judging how much time I needed before I was to start cooking......I ate a ham sandwhich and it felt terrible. I can no longer watch Jeopardy and wheel of fortune because that is something he and I shared every night.

I constantly feel the need to check to see if he has taken his meds, done his breathing treatments, watched his fluid..BUT I refuse to associate him with anything doing with sickness. I got rid of all his medical supplies pronto. It's not who it was or what he was for 90% of his life. But I do cry over the loss of caring for him.

• Members

i am so very sorry i lost mine june 2007. just a few days ago they laid down her grave marker in the cement. i hadnt been able to pay for it until now. i still havent been out to see it. its to painful. and its just a 15 min drive away but i just cant do it yet. i know how u feel. it really hurts a lot. i am not happy with what i had put on the marker. "see you up in heaven mom, Love you". seems to simple for such a beautiful lady. was at a loss of what to put down really. i have never really thru my life thought i would ever lose her. she was ill with copd, and enlarged failing heart. she was pretty young at her passing. just 67. and a young 67, always trying to stay active, even do mild exercises every day when she was able to. and was so proud of herself for doing them to stay healthy. i was too. many hugs to you, my friend.

i think of her now and cry some times. but not as much at first. the first two yrs i cried every day. it helped me to feel better. but then i started to heal. i will never heal all the way. but cope with the loss every day as much as possible. its a new normal u adjust to. i am here if u want to talk.

Archived