Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Places I can't go

jpow16

• Members

There are many places I can't bear to go to anymore, because they weren't mine, they were OURS. There's IHOP, and Ruby Tuesday, and a place near Atlanta that has the best pizza on the planet. There are some very nice restaurants in the North Carolina Smokies, and especially the places we went for dinner on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Ours, not mine. We would clip 2-for-1 dinner coupons from the newspaper. What good are they to me now? Besides, eating out alone is depressing, more depressing than eating at home. When does this all end?

• Members

Catfather

I know exactly what you are saying. I loved going out with my wife to eat, shopping, taking care of errands. It was a Friday ritual. We use to look forward to spending time together Fridays. I miss it but cannot handle doing it alone.

Mike

• Members
UnderHis Wings

There are many places I can't bear to go to anymore, because they weren't mine, they were OURS. There's IHOP, and Ruby Tuesday, and a place near Atlanta that has the best pizza on the planet. There are some very nice restaurants in the North Carolina Smokies, and especially the places we went for dinner on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Ours, not mine. We would clip 2-for-1 dinner coupons from the newspaper. What good are they to me now? Besides, eating out alone is depressing, more depressing than eating at home. When does this all end?

I'm right here with the rest of you. It's horrible being alone for everything that we did together! I lost my husband the first week of September. I'm so sad but I want to be cheerful when I go places.

• Members
Yadairaisabel

I understand what you are going thru completely!!! I can't walk into wal-mart without crying because chuck liked to walk around the store with me just for the heck of it. Fridays he would take me to Applebee's cuz I loved their food while I was pregnant. Like you said it a lot of these places weren't mine they were ours and without him they are nothing! I'm very sorry you are going thru this. I can't tell you that it will get better because I think it won't for any of us. I'm sorry I can't be encouraging.

Archived