Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

MYAWESOME SON DAVID

Rhayden

• Members

I don't know how to tel of this and how someone that has not had this happen in there life the overwhlming sense you have and it is nothing you can put into words as you are told this awful awful event. And how people say things that I reckon they don't really know what to say and the sense of lost I have found is not just with in my family but all who have had contact with and had been friend with this is a whole neighborhood and businesses that he had been around.

It was the second of April like any other day got up waiting for the PRE K bus to come for my husband's youngest grand daughter we had to keep both of them long story but I was just getting on my face book and a knock came at the door (I swear this never will leave your mind as everything has happend it is likie yesterday it is so fresh in my mind) Two officers are at my back door one is on the back deck and the other is to my left on the grass I think ok they are here for his daughter whihc we told him she is not lioving here but oh no this is not it and it is worse then that. The officer said to call a number I said "WHAT HAPPENED OH MY GOT!" thinking something has happend to one of my husband's girls, He says I can't tell you anything I looked down at the number and see 215 this is the area code my fahter and son live in and I say agian "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED??!!" but the officer says we can't tell you anything just cammthe number I don't know if they were told anything but I don't recall if I thanked them or just went top call as I am calling and hearing it ring I am thinking ok something has happened to da and I will have to come out and be a few weeks.

If only it was that simple, I get a cop Falls township and I tell them my son and father live in Eldeberry pond section of Levittown, He said there was a early moring fire so now I think ok dad died we have been braced for this for a while he had been loosing weight and ok so he is gone but no..... the first thing his says is David my son of 30 years id dead I think I went insane for a few I couldn't think I just screamed I didn't know what to think how could this be I don't know how long it was I was screaming but I regained control and asked of my father he is in the hospital on a ventaltor. I told the cop thanks I think and called to the youngest mother my husband's oldest daughter I told her she needs to come to pick up the kids I have to go to PA and told all of the fire David and my father and I HAVE TO GO I took the yo0ungest to her grand mothers which was down the street and called to my husbnad's co worker which I forgot he lived in SC but I told him there was a emergency and I have to go to PA I called him a second time telling of what heappen in PA and to have my husband call me as soon as he can get to him. I took off.

You know things you think of but do do I packed pants shirts some shorts but no underwear socks or bras but off I went. I didn't think much of anything my husband called me and tried to get me to turn around but I wasn't goning to he wanted me to turn around because my sister was to put both of us on a place but I had to go any minute waiting I just couldn't do. I dn't recall the ride much but I got in I stayed with a friend the first two nights but after that I stayed with my auint the frined I stayed with has two dogs and the pee in the house in one room and the pee smell was so bad that I had a head ache the in the morning. I never saw my son I didn't want that to be the memory I have of him last. I was out in NOv a year ago that my uncle had died this was the last time I saw my son but the last time I talked to my son was the night of the fire well he called at 8 or 9 PM and the fire started about 4 hours later there was nothing of odd all was well He was to move with me the 15 th of April and I was planing to get him sooner but we had the kids and someone had to watch them and the 7th I was to get him but he didn't know.

It was hard the Doctor saisd that dad was to live and we held off of telling him David was gone he was o conscious and if we told him if he was able to get better this might make him not want to so we held of on putting David in the ground but we finally had to he was not embalmed and not a able to be. David was burnt badly but he was dead before he was burnt he had to be in a body bag in the coffin this was not bad enough they had to do a autopsy which I had no control over they said since they were not sure of how this all happened they had to do one they told me people will poison someone and then try to hide it I said my father isn't gonna poison David then set the house on fire with HIM (DAD) IN IT but it had to be done this was so painful to knowhow this was to be and have no control. David was put in a black coffin black is his favorite colour black and red. I bought a conforter to have David wrapped in so he is not touching the body bag. We had just the family send him off but in this my one friend since I said only family would go she decided she didn't want to be friends with me any more. We had a memorail for David had 91 people show up I was fearful all of Levittown would be there. but it was good I let people say anything they like of what it was like to be friends with him or to know him.

I had his baby sitter come one when he was very young that watched him and school teachers came labrary where he would go all the time and the street where he lived the serrounding nirghbors were there. we bought some flowers but when we got there there was more they were some beautiful I couoldn't believe it all if David was there in the flesh I am sure he would of said it was AWESOME. but 5 days after the 2nd of Arpil we then took dad of life support and he died at 5:50 PM and on the 12th of April we put dad in the ground. I can't say I feel much for my father the deaths was so close dad wanted to did in the house and that is about how it went he wanted to be dead if he had to leave the house. I finally have David's headstone in it got in on the 24 of OCT which my mother died at 12:30 am Oct. 24th Odd huh. a lot of numbers 2 5 12 24 7 are coming up. I am gonna play the lottery it is up to 500 million and if I can just get a piece of it would be nice. I have had a few bad days where I cry all day and then other days are fine I have not had a bad day for some thime I thought Thanksgiving would be a bad day but it went off without a hitch. They say it will get better easier as the more time goes by I thought it would drag that time woulodn't go by but we are almost to the end of the year and I am almost to a year that my son has been gone my sister is having a harder time with this then I am. oh I caled her and told her that she needs to go home and not be around anyone not in a store or at work or a friends house and to stop the mesage till she is home I told her of the fire and of David she said she had the same reaction as I did.

I felt like my soul was ripped from my body as if I was punched in my stomach and could not get my breath, and then it is how can I live without my son and I thought of hanging myself to be with him but it was what my husband calls a knee jeck reaction it was so overwhelming you loose senses you can't think straight and I don't think you should for a little while how little of a while depends on the person. the neighbor across the street still can't belief it and she doesn't wnat to her daughter David was like a big brother to her playing games and buying them for her or renting them for her he watched out for everyonmr on the street or where ever he was he watch out for stry dogs to he called me one day to tell me he has been watching this one dog trying to get it to come to him if there was a person who the animals liked it was my son they came to him with ease but he could get this one so he called the cops and they said they would send someone but he stayed watching the dog to make sure it would not get hurt. My son had a heart of gold truely.

You wonder why some of the people who are truely good a heart of gold wants to help all around them and then one day they are gone they say God needed them (WHY WOULD HE) or they are in a better place (TRUE no worries that is true) but if these poeple are so good wouldn't you think they would be left here to TEACH those to be more like them? just a thought I maybe be aggro with GOD and it makes no sense to me but wheat doner is done. I wake every morning hoping this is a bad nightmare and to have my son be with me but no this is a nightmare I will never wake from and the crushing truth is real there is nothing I can do to change this nothing no matter what I think it will be the same out come

David was told to go out the window but he was found in the upstairs bathroom da was at the side dooor a nirghbor ran in a got dad but the fire was to hot and the guy couldn't get David it was so hot the fireman coulond get David and it was hours before they could it started at 1:23 AM they think and at 4:40 they got David out I was told there was 3 fire companies and a lot of police.

I wish I would of got David sooner.

Rhayden

David's head stone and what I put on it last time I was in PA

IMAG0084-1.jpg

• Members

Dear Rayden

I am so very sorry to read of the loss of your very special son, David. I do understand your deep pain as I lost my son and only child, Stephen over 5 years ago. It is a very difficult road that we who have lost a child walk and I am oh so grateful that I found this wonderful Message Board

Come here often, post, read, visit chat room. The healing from this type of sharing is very powerful. You are not alone.

David's Head Stone is Beautiful

Archived