Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feel Lost

pattypinkpretty

• Members
pattypinkpretty

Hello my name is Patty.... I recently lost a man I loved very much. We were together for close to 2 years when drugs tore us apart. I tried to help him but it was something he said he needed to deal with on his own. He passed away 2 months ago. He died of a heart attack. Getting the phone call from his best friend was the most devastating thing I have had to do in my life. I have never lost anyone close to me in my life. I was in bed for a week. My sisters kept me company but I can't make them understand how I feel. How I feel like I have a giant hole in my chest that won't go away. I need to talk to people who understand what I am going through.

To understand that I am good one day and crying the next. The most random things make me cry. How long will this go on . I feel like this feeling is never going to go away.

• Members

I'm so sorry Hun- that you had to find this site- that u got that phone call... Wish we could dream away that nightmare and stop it from happening. But know that everyone here has lost a loved one and post away all you want, we are here.

I lost my boyfriend 6 1/2 weeks ago to a car accident. Still it's been so hard- bad days or tolerable days. Lately lots of tears- reality hasn't quite hit yet but at the same time it hits over and over and over again.

I think many of us struggle with our "support" Frieda and family saying the wrong things, "at least you had the time together!" "at least you found love!" the truth is they are not feeling as bad as us and they want us to snap back to the person they once knew. It's out of love and they feel uneasy and sad for us and want to help.

I've found great support on this site knowing that although my real life support may not know how to react, the people here understand.

• Members

I'm so sorry Hun- that you had to find this site- that u got that phone call... Wish we could dream away that nightmare and stop it from happening. But know that everyone here has lost a loved one and post away all you want, we are here.

I lost my boyfriend 6 1/2 weeks ago to a car accident. Still it's been so hard- bad days or tolerable days. Lately lots of tears- reality hasn't quite hit yet but at the same time it hits over and over and over again.

I think many of us struggle with our "support" Frieda and family saying the wrong things, "at least you had the time together!" "at least you found love!" the truth is they are not feeling as bad as us and they want us to snap back to the person they once knew. It's out of love and they feel uneasy and sad for us and want to help.

I've found great support on this site knowing that although my real life support may not know how to react, the people here understand.

Archived