Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my heart aching

mag2008

• Members

For the past year my life has been a roller coaster. Just when i thought i had enough of sad news the worst was yet to come. My mother had suffer a major stroke which paralyzed her left side and unable to speak. My poor dad was her caretaker. My sister and i used to go over to their place to help him out. A month ago my dad had been suffering from rib pain abdominal pain we took him to his regular doctor he had him done a liver biopsy because his liver enzyme has been elevated for the past two years. He had been putting the biopsy on hold for so long. A month ago he decided to have it done.

Right after the biopsy he has gotten sicker could not hold anything down. He was in severe pain, abdominal swelling and all kind of issues.my sister took him to the hospital they admitted him for observation until we get the biopsy. When the biopsy result came back it was liver cancer his kidney had shut down less 24hrs my poor dad was dead. I am new here never been shocked in my entire life. Having dealing with my mom' s stroke we never had enough time with my dad. Now he is no longer with us i am angry mad at the world right now. It is not fair that he left us so soon my heat aching

I feel so empty i miss him so much... Tears tears tears!!!

• Members

Mag2008,

I am so sorry about the loss of your dad and your mother's stroke. You certainly have been experienced a traumatic year. The emptiness, the loneliness and even the anger are so normal. It's just so painful when we lose someone so beloved. Let the tears come as often as you need. How is your mother handling all of this? What about your sister? Do you all talk to each other?

We will be here to help you,

ModKonnie

• Members
ForeverRemembered

Hugs! We are here to listen. We all here have had our hearts ache like they never ached before. You are not alone!

• Members

I am sooo sorry for the very difficult events that has happened to you. My prayers are with you. Allow the tears whenever. Talk to a professional if you feel the need and don't be ashame; I do. Keep praying and putting one step in front of the next. Easily said than done because I am much more hurt now than I was 9 October 2011 when I lost my Momma. I cry and cry and cry, visit her gravesite every week sometimes two or more. I know your anger with everyone as well. My counselor tells me it is normal to feel empty, cry, do whatever it takes for that individual.

• Members

Thanks guys.. My mom is slowly improving daily she gives us so much hope that's what keeping us going.. My siblings and i are very closed we all cheap in to help mom on her recovery. We are able to keep her at home instead of a nursing.

Archived