Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my wonderful son of 20 yrs on 11/10/12, just under 4 yrs from the loss of my husband

kattwoman

• Members

And I sit here mostly starting at the walls. I am not crying like I did when my husband died...

Kyle was a wonderful, creative, childlike, loving child you could ever have asked for. he was going into the field of education with a specialty of special ed. He died from a seizure in his sleep. No one ever mentioned that this was a possibility. I am so ANGRY.

SUDEP is a real danger!

I don't even know how to start...what to do...

Kat

post-305655-0-62454400-1353705691_thumb.

• Members

Dear Kat

Welcome to our supportive site. I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband and precious son.

It is important to connect with others who are walking this difficult road so finding our supportive site is a positive action. I know that when I lost my only son, Stephen over 5 years ago, I felt as if I had discovered a haven of warmth and understanding when I connected with this group. I needed and still need to know I am not alone and that I can share my y pain, growth, fear, and sadness. without judgement and fear. Love the pictue It is lovely.

Keep coming back You are not alone

• Members

I'm so sorry, that's how my daughter died, " SUDEP" on Sept.11, 2012.. I didn't know of this, if I would've known maybe I could've saved her.. I'm really upset and angry of myself.. My daughter had a history of seizure since she was 7 years, she past away at 30. Michelle would have maybe 3 seizures a year. That was the worst morning of my life to find my daughter pass on her bed..

• Members

I am so very sorry for your losses,,,,I lost my 30 year old son 4 month ago and realy have no words of wisdom, except, come here and talk to those how KNOW what we feel

many hugs

• Members

I m sorry Kat... We all have lost a child here and r trying to cope .... Come back to our group...help and get helped... Hugs

• Members

I too lost my only son. He was shot 10/12. It has been 4 months. He live with us, meaning his father and I. He was only 20. He was at home around 4pm...Around 10pm we recieved a call saying TJ was shot. I tried not to think. I met the girl that he left home to visit. She said they were playing russian roulett. I knew in my heart of hearts,,he would not do that. I am still trying to get a new investigation for my son. The police department here in Mobile, Alabama will not help me. They will not even explain. They took her word and closed the case. Now, instead of just dealing with not having my only son...I am trying to get legal issues resolved...My son left a child, his mother/father, girlfriend an sister. I sit alone. I cry if I leave my house..just to go a store. I can not explain it. My marriage centered around our 20 year old because he was the only one at home living with us. Now, that we don't talk about our son...we don't talk..it is like..go in your room and get on the computer..or go cook,,,don't talk....I feel like if we can't talk why be together..My husband says.."what else do you want me to say, he can't come back".

The first time in our marriage that we both experiience the same pain and we can't help each other..

I have to make all the calls, set all the appointments...ask all the questions..do all the paper work..It is a living HeLL.

• Members

So sorry for your losses, I hope you somehow find happiness again. I have for the most part just forced myself to accept and cope. My family attended bereavement counseling for the first loss we had. There would never be a complete getting over a death, the ones we lost will always have a place in our hearts and memories. But the passage of time helps about the emotions.

I can relate somewhat. I lost my mom and a sister a little over one year apart, in 2004 and 2005. I recently lost my dad.

• Members
azsummer2003

Hang on tight Kat. We are here to travel this journey with you. I lost my son Taylor when he was 17. 7 years later and I am still in shock.

• Members
azsummer2003

Around 10pm we recieved a call saying TJ was shot. I tried not to think. I met the girl that he left home to visit. She said they were playing russian roulett. I knew in my heart of hearts,,he would not do that. I am still trying to get a new investigation for my son. The police department here in Mobile, Alabama will not help me.

Go with your gut feeling. I hope you find some peace, I know it is not easy.

Archived