Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What to do...

Peanuts mom

• Members

What do you do when someone is pushing you to do more than you are capable of at this time... Yes, I know the answer is and should be, "only do what you can, ignore others pushes" atc... But this is so different... My husband has three girls and we have never really had a close relationship and now he is pushing for more... He is angry that I still "look after" my sons girlfriend, that I still have a good relationship with her, that I still worry about how she is doing, yet doesnt understand why I dont have the same relationship with his girls... Yesterday was a really hard day for me and yet he still couldnt just let me get through it and had to start on me again about the lack of things I do for his girls... I truly feel like he is going to be the one to send me to the looney bin for his lack of understanding, rather than the lose of my son... Either that or I am just unable to grieve for my son with all this other stress happening in my life... I just dont know what to do anymore... Part of my wishes to just pack up and move out, end this marriage, yet the thought of packing my sons room would likely set me over the edge as well... I cant even do in there yet... Anyway, I just needed to get this out to someone... Thank you for listening/reading...

• Members

I have told him off many many times... It just doesnt seem to get any better... I truly feel like he is making me go insane... I need out !!!!

• Members

I am sorry for your loss and the lack of support that you are experiencing. Try searching out the Compassionate Friends group in your community and attend This is a support group of parents who have lost their children and have chapters in many communities.

I would not engage in an argument with your husband or the girls I would simply tell them, "I am doing the best I can" and walk away. You need to take care of your mental health, eat, rest and connect with others who truly understand

Keep coming back here as well you are not alone

Archived