Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my Mom 2 years ago

Aubrey55

• Members

Hello! Im new here. I lost my Mom to cancer 2 years ago. I am having a hard time understanding

why Im feeling worse now close to these holidays than I was last year. Just feeling sad and

down and crying alot. I am so much more emotional nowdays since her loss. I can cry and get

emotional over anything now. Does anyone have any

insights? I would appreciate any! Thank you!!!

• Members

HI Aubrey, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my son on December 12, 2009. It was sudden and unexpected. I found that the first year I was in shock and did not actually process what had happened fully. Around the second year it finally hit like a brick wall. That was when it truly impacted me and I found myself doing much of what you are sayong. It is perfectly normal to find yourself longing to revist better times and be with your loved one that is gone at special celebrations. It takes ages to start new traditions and feel as if you can remember that person without feeling so sad and hurt. But it will happen with time and patience. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you will be able to find a way to honour your mom's memory on this special day. Take care.

Kate

Archived