Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Such a short space of time

Ladymilky

• Members

I lost my little brother 6th February 2012 things started in October 11 he took an over dose he just went to bed after leaving a note luckily it wasn't enough to do anything then christmas he had bad arguments with his girlfriend where he threatened to cut himself he wasn't himself then the 10th January he took a large overdose but called himself and ambulance two weeks later he drunk bleach plus cut himself while on the phone to his girlfriend who called an ambulance for him he went into a clinic for not even a day and they sent him out saying he was not meant to be there!!!! He then continued to act unusual not himself he finally hung himself on the 6th feb I was woken by 2 prank calls from his girlfriend and because of previous attempts I was automatically out of bed and down to check on him there I found him I can't get the image out of my head I am currently on anti depressants although have run out for a week now even on them I feel I need to have a drink not everyday but am drinking every other day my mum and dad are worried about me saying ice changed bit of course I have I would never be the same me again!!! I need help to know how others have coped what they have done to help them cope? Thank you x

• Members

Ladymilky,

I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. You've definitely experienced a terrible trauma and loss. You may want to consider professional counseling to help you sort through your pain. There are also grief and loss groups to attend, and even just talking to your family about it will help. You have to get the emotions out in order to process them.

Drinking even every other day is not helping your, nor is it going to help you in the long run. Alcohol is a depressant, and it is probably making things worse without you realizing it. When others have experienced what you have--they talk about it. They write about it. Perhaps you can start writing a journal. Tell the whole story, and then start talking about how you feel on a daily basis.

Exercise is also a known help for depression. It releases necessary brain chemicals to help you feel less blue. Could you get out and at least take a walk, whether you go to a gym, grocery store, park or mall--it may help.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thank you for your reply I have had counselling and all it seems to do it open old wounds what I really want is to talk with others that have experienced a similar situation to me so I know I'm not alone. I know to well drinking is a depressant :( but its the only time I feel I let out my true feelings I have always always been one to deal with things alone so its very hard to discuss with someone face to face how I'm feeling x

• Members

Ladymilky,

As you can see from reading others' posts, you are definitely not alone in your experience. I noticed you are posting to others, and that is such a good thing. It may help you to begin conversations with others.

Thanks for reaching out,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Ladymilky, I just finished reading your post. I'm not sure what you must be feeling right now, maybe there are a lot of emotions. My father passed away 2 years ago. I'm sorry for what it sounds like you're going through.

Lostblu

Archived