Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

One week

blwoodson

• Members

Its been a week since I lost my wife, I do not know how I will get through this. She was 45, and I am 42. We were together for 11 years, married for two. I went back to work for the first time today, made it through 5 hours. Seems like there are alot of people out there who insist on saying she is in a "better place" but the only thing I can thing of is the best place for here to be is right here with me, the kids, and grandkids. My mind is going 50 ways at once, and normal stuff is almost impossible to do. I am sorry for ranting but I feel so very hopeless right now.

• Members

blwoodson,

I am so sorry about your loss. You certainly aren't ranting, and we hope you become comfortable enough here to talk openly about how you feel. For now, just try to get through a little at a time. Are you allowed to take more time off from work if you need it? Are you talking with the kids and grandkids? Are you eating and taking care of yourself?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Doing the best i can, one of our sons lived with us, and another moved in for a bit with my granddaughter. I am eating and all the normal stuff, but who would have thought that getting a shower would be a test of will. I am not swure about work, as I started the week before last, they have been ok so far, but I really do need the job and cvannot afford to lose it.

Having the grandaughter (18 months) here is actually a joy, Brenda (my wife) lived for her kids and grand kids. She also took care of just about everything else. I have depression, and add to begin with and honestly I am compl;etely lost even with things as simple as grocery shopping. The boys are doing well being there for me, but I realize they are going through their own grief of losing a Mom

~Bryan

Archived