Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

where do I begin...

littleking

• Members

My brother died Dec 4, 2011. Just a couple weeks away from this anniversary, and I'm still filled with answerless questions.

My brother was 4 days from 36 years old, his birthday being December 8th. I'm 33. He also had a .22 BAC which I'm sure was responsible for the accident.

I feel like I lost my parents the day David died. The bubbly relationship that we shared is gone, the warmth, the feeling of love, the feeling of family. All gone.

Is this normal? Will I get them back?

I've sought counseling, I've come to terms with the death of my brother. Does it hurt, yes. Would he want any of us to carry on immersed in inconsolable grief? Hell no, that's just who he was.

My parents, in particular my mother are still in terrible shape. I'm the only person who mentions David. Mom says she's tired of living life pretending that everything is ok.

She refuses to pursue counseling....

what do I do?

Archived