Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Back to work.

Guest KackleDackle

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Its been exactly 100 days since I lost my husband. Tomorrow I go back to work after 21 months of not working. I am scared I will not cope. What if people ask me things? How do I handle myself. I don't want to cry or breakdown in front of new people. I have changed my career path altogether to avoid old collegues. I should be confident with what I do as that is the normal me but nothing is normal anymore. No Ray to tell me "you can do this" or "chin up buttercup". Its just me on my own and I don't wish this pain onto anyone else. I miss him so much and so need his guidance for tomorrow. Fingers crossed no meltdowns in the new workplace because I need this income badly.

• Members

So sorry you have to do this but you will do o.k. i went back after only being off a couple of days and i hadn't worked in years just got a jobe like 3 months before he died. i don't like some of the people i work with etc. but i am doing o.k. you will too.

• Members

Dear KD - starting a new job is stressful that is true. but Ray would be whispering in your ear "chin up buttercup". Jerry used to tell me... "you'll be home before you know it honey". any questions people ask that you don't want to answer: you have that right. simply say i'd rather not talk about that... But i know you well enough to know you'll make friends easily.

you'll do great i know it. you are a sensitive, supersmart lady who has such great insight and has helped me out immensely on this site.

i think you're just nervous about your first day back at work like i would be too. dress nice, be your sweet self and you will have a great day.

what field have you changed from/to? (((hugs))) fngers crossed and i'll light a candle at church for you this morning... val

• Members

KD,

This is going to be a big step for you, remember you have someone looking down from beyond and you also have all of us cheering you on “Chin up Buttercup!!!”. When I went back to work it wasn’t easy but I did my best trying to focus and take my mind off the grief for just a bit. I knew it would be there when I finished. I am not trying to say it will be easy but its up to you if you make it bearable. I have no doubt you can do it. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hold true, you will get through.

Mike

• Members
stargazer5510

Good luck on your new adventure. Please let us know how it goes. And yes, there will be lots of us sending you, "chin up, buttercup" thoughts.

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

• Members

Best wishes from Boston, before the hurricane hits! You're in my thoughts - sending positive energy your way.

Mandala

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Thanks to everyone and hope you are all safe. Went OK just so different. I have changed so much and nothing seems important or nothing seems to bother me in regards to others. I will go again and just be a robot until things change. After all a $ is a $ and it gets me out of the house. People lovely to me but its me that has changed and I am not sure where the real me is...Thanks for all the kind words and I know you all understand what I mean. At least they didn't know me and ask me anything personal. One good thing out of the day!

• Moderators

Hi KD, was just mentioning that we miss you in chat - glad so far so good on the job, just take it a day at at time. If you do falter or "melt down" if people know why I think they will be very understanding so don't dwell on it OK? tc

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Thanks all! Appropriate they put me in the Life support/ Home equipment department. They have been very kind to me and I am glad I have done this. Bit tired after so long not working but at least its the first step. Hope everyone is going ok ! :D

• Members

KD - Glad to hear that the first day went well. I knew it would. Just wanted to lend you some support.

Thanks ,, Val

Archived