Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 2 month old nephew passed suddenly

Tpaulus27

• Members

About a week ago, my 2 month old nephew passed suddenly from SIDS, I am devastated, I know he was not my child, but I was incredibly close to him. I'm grieving pretty hard, but my sister is just falling apart, understandable, but I just don't know how I can carry her through this when I feel like I'm going to fall apart myself. My sister and I are incredibly close and have been there for each other through everything. This is just too much for me this time though. How do I help her without falling apart myself? His funeral nearly crushed me, especially watching my sister and her husband collapse to the floor screaming when they seen their precious child laying there gone, yet looking like he was asleep. The day he passed away I had to try to convince my sister that he was gone while she sat in the hospital holding him and refusing to give him up. She just kept saying "he's not dead, I have to take him home and give him a bath, he needs a bath today." I just don't know what to do, please help me cope with this.

• Members

Losing a loved one is hard. I lost my 30 yr. old son on Aug. 15th, 2012. So glad you posted on here. I don't care what age the child is, It still hurts. It will take time for you to get over this. I'm still not over the loss of my son. When I got the bad news about Dustin, I froze and was in shock and kept saying no,no not my son!! At the funeral, I couldn't let go of my sons cold hand and I begged him to open his eyes. it didn't happen. When I entered the funeral home and glanced at my son from a distance, I screamed omg not my son, No,No!!!! It takes time to cope with a loss!!! All I can tell you is it's hard for me. No one knows when the grief will come to a halt. My counselor said it could be a month or a year. I didn't want to hear that. Please just keep posting,,,there is help on here!!!! So sorry for your loss!!!!! Susan

• Members
stargazer5510

I am so, so sorry you're having to face this terrible tragedy. Your sister is so lucky to have someone so close who knows the magnitude of her loss and loves her so much.

You will find your way through. Please be kind and gentle with yourself.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

• Members

Hi Tpaulus27....

Sorry to hear abt the loss of yr nephew....when I lost my son who was 20 yr old...I know how my brother who is very close to me wept...was there holding my hand....crying for me..for my son....for the loss of his dear nephew....the path is going to be very rough...beyond one can imagine...but...time and tide wait for none.....u ll be astounded by th fact the whole world is carrying on normally....even enjoying....that ll make it vry difficult....but one day at a time...be there for yr sister... Beside her...talk to her... Crying a lot actually relieves and is a grieving process....th angel dint have to see the atrocities in this world...not q good place to live anymore...take care....((((hugs to u and yr sister)))) ask her also to visit this site ......she ll know she is not alone.....

• Members

So sorry for your loss you and your family are in my prayers. My man pick up my gun on the 29 of Sept four feet from me and killed himself know one should have to see something like that. Last week

has been really hard and I am tired of his family blaming me. I spent 5 days in the hospital and am on meds to help. The problem is they don't fix a broken heart. I know it helps to have God and friends to talk to.

Archived