Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my big sis

SandraD

• Members

I lost my big sister last April to lung cancer. I just lost my dad last November to the same thing and hadn't finished grieving his death when my sister got diagnosed and passed just months later. My sister's death has hit me pretty hard--she was my closest sibling and my best friend. We have lived close by each other for the last 30 years, raised our kids together, and even worked next door to each other. I really miss her. Thanks for listening.

• Members

SandraG,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. Do you have other family or friends to talk to? Did she have children? Are you able to talk with them? I am also sorry about the loss of your father.You've definitely experienced two profound losses in a short time, and that has probably left you reeling.

Talking about your loved ones can help. If you feel up to it, why don't you share with us the story of your sister and your dad. What were they like? Do you have any fond memories you are able to share? What about pictures (We have a Gallery)?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks, ModKonnie. My family is very distant and not close at all. My sister and I were the closest of all my siblings, which is why it is so difficult for me to lose her. I will try to share some stories/memories. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Members

Your headline hit home to me personally. One month ago from today, I lost my big sister. I had to give the OK to the doctors to disconnect the ventilator. Similar to your situation, her and I were the closest in the family and always looked after each other. It's unreal...and really hurts.

Archived