Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So where do I go from here?

lost and numb

• Members
lost and numb

I lost my soul mate of 31 years.October 10th, 2012. I found him in the floor already gone. I am so lost and I can't stop crying. I hurt so much. I feel like I just can't go on. All th ewell meaning friends and well wishers are gone now. Had a wake yesterday. But am alone today and sitting here. He was a Nascar fan and Sunday was his day. I have the TV on so it sounds like a regular Sunday. But he isn't in his spot on the couch beside me. It is just for noise. This is the hardest thing I hve ever had t go through. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for listening.

• Members

You have come to a place where we all share similar experiences. I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences

My name is Mike, I lost my wife to Cancer 5/16th of this year. I wish I could tell you I have all the answers and I will help you. The fact is none of us have all the right answers but we all will help you anyway we can. I find much comfort posting here. I consider the members of this site my friends. I hope I may consider you as a friend. We are all headed down a difficult path and when we fall, I have found people here are right there to help you back up. I still cry, I still have bad days. I am alone and have no body close to hold me and tell me it will be ok. I have this site and a few friends around. I may not have the best advise or posts. But I can tell you my intentions are good and I would do anything I can to help make things better for anybody here. I hope you find the comfort I have at this site, there are great listeners here.

Mike

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort here.

My husband died in September. I had to keep some of the things that remind me of him, but other things just made me cry and I didn't want to look at them anymore.

This house is incredibly quiet now. I'm able to do some things that require concentration, but when I'm done I want his company. We can only take one day at a time, I guess.

• Members
lost and numb

Mike iand UnderHisWings. It is nice to meet you. My deepest sympathys to you both.

. I do not know how you have made it through this. I am so lost. He was only 50, and we were suppose to grow old together. We had just ended our first year as empty nesters. Ah, the plans we had ! It was so unexpected and sudden. There are all these "what if's " that have been going through my head.

.He was the hand to my glove.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. You have come to the right place. I lost my sweetie in a tragic motorcycle accident a month ago tomorrow. Noone knows how to handle this, this is the hardest thing we will ever go through in our lives. One day... no... one minute at a time. We are here.

Archived