Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reminders of love

DJCCHV

• Members

I just looked up at my kitchen window and acquired an understanding of something my Stevie did. He never had much from his parents, almost nothing personal from his dad, and only a little from his mom, who became ill with schizophrenia during his pre-school years. After that, she was in and out of the hospital until she finally wandered off and went missing when he was 9. They found her body two years later. He had his baby book. How she loved her baby! She documented every little thing about her "Much-muck". He told me that when she was home from the hospital and herself, she was very loving. Anyhow he had a few handmade craft items from her (That he had what he had was amazing because he eperienced 7 years of homelessness in his 20's-30's.). One of the craft items is a plastic "stained-glass" butterfly. He had placed it in the window, not hanging from a hook, but upside down resting on one wing on the window ledge...and just eactly where a morning beam of light comes in the window. That is just so typical of all he did to keep us both constantly reminded of all the love showering down on us. You can bet I won't change that placement. I wish I could let him know I'd discovered this and appreciated why he had done it. Have you found any signs like that?

• Members

I have. When John died one of the floral arrangements I received was a potted orchid. Every year for the past five years it has bloomed on his birthday. I have no idea why, apparently it thrives on benign neglect. I also experienced paranormal events which I'll discuss in the appropriate place. Nobody was more surprised than I was.

Mandala

• Members

I have not, and I’m very sad about it. I don’t understand why I can find nothing to show she is somehow looking after me. I hunt and look each day hoping to find something. Then I start thinking I did something wrong to upset her. I don’t know what to think…

Mike

• Members

Mike,

Everybody has a different experience with these matters. You don't know what the future holds. Initially, I had a few reassuring dreams. It was after he was dead for seven months that events occurred that I can't explain. Nine months later was when the orchid bloomed. I still don't know what to expect - there is no timetable.

Mandala

• Members

Mandala,

Maybe there is still hope, I won't give up just yet. I so want some kind of hope. I have nothing I miss her so much.

Mike

• Members
stargazer5510

Your Stevie sounds like he had an amazing heart and soul. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing such a special moment.

Archived