Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ANOTHER ONE GONE TOO SOON

Angel'sSon

• Members

As I am still struggling with the loss of Dustin...I got news earlier that was on the news about a good friend of mine, John and Chett's brothers was in the middle of all this shooting going on at his step brother when this happened, there Mother was hearing all the gun shots thinking her son was going to be killed as well. One was killed, his name is Teddy!!!! I'm numb all over again. I'm not even sure if I can go to the funeral. God, why and how!!!! I do not want to see Teddy in the casket like I did my son...so do I go to the funeral which i feel that i should or not go knowing what it will do to me!!!!!!

• Members

If you don't feel like you can go, then don't go. Only you can know how strong you are that day and time. If you don't go, don't beat yourself up about it later, either. That's my advice, for what it's worth. Send a card, or give your friend a call, but if you feel like attending is too much, remember that sometimes, you have to take care of you, too.

• Members
thejennyjacobs

I can’t even begin to understand the profound grief of losing a child. In the past few years, six of my friends have buried their children. All different ages, all for different reasons. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. www.thejennyjacobs.com

• Members

Thanks for your advice Silver and jenny...I cannot imagine having so many friends with their children passing away!!! Silver, you are right...I don't need to go to the funeral and break down. Sending a card sound like good advice!!! Now I'm dealing with my daughter's breast cancer and as of now, she is going twice a week for radiation. She didn't want to tell me, but I need to know what's going on with her. To me it doesn't sound good, but she is trying to cover it up with me and she knows better!!! I can't end up losing another child, I just can't do it. Time will tell about my daughters condition. Also, still thinking about Dustin!! I put one more picture of him in my gallary. please just look at it!!! I feel like with Dustin being gone a little over 2 months, my daughter dealing with cancer and now the loss of Teddy. How much more can a person take.

Archived