Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my soulmate

Bacher123

• Members

I have searched the web for days trying to find somewhere to feel understood. I am so grateful to have found this place. I have read some of your posts and I can only say, I know. I lost my soul mate in a tragic accident a little less than a month ago and if it weren't for my two daughters, I don't think I would have the strength to stay here. I miss him every minute of every day, I cry myself to sleep every night. Somebody please tell me this gets better.

• Members

It gets better, slowly. I wish my sweetie and I had had a family. We didn't meet early enough. We used to make bargains with each other about how we would choose reincarnation if we had a chance just so we could have children together next time again. You and I share having lost our soulmates suddenly and unexpectedly. I went to work expecting to come home to my sweeheart only 4 hours later, and just as I was getting ready to leave I got a call that emergency folks were giving him CPR. It hurts me a lot that I wasn't there to at least tell him goodbye and comfort him in his last moments. Each death is different and has its own associated hurts. Take care. we'll do the best we can to share and comfort and listen. There is no particular time frame. Everyone grieves on their own schedule. Be gentle with yourself and your girls. Take care.

• Members

Thank you for your kind words. I understand the suddeness of your loss. I lost my soul mate in a tragic motorcycle accident, I had just left him that morning and never got to see him again. The phone call haunts me, I keep playing it over in my head, "he didn't make it". It takes my breath away, I am almost paralyzed. I just want him back.

• Members

Your post resonated with me, it is a very similar story as my own. My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly in a forklift accident on his job. He died one month ago tomorrow. We had been together only four short years and were so blessed to find the love we had found in each other. It does seem that no one understands my loss. There are so many levels and dimensions to it and the hurt does not seem to get any easier day after day. One thing that is really hard for me to deal with is just knowing that for a month now we have both had experiences that we can't share with each other. To think that he has experienced something as unbelievable as meeting our maker and seeing Heaven and can not tell me all about it is devastating to me. Strange, I know. I'm just so used to sharing every little detail of our day with each other, and now we can not.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I am in the same boat as you and I can sympathize with you. God bless and hope we both find some relief to this pain soon.

Archived