Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Your memories will go on

star2000

• Members

Yesterday I was having a rough day. I thought the day before would have been awful since it has been 2 weeks since my mother passed but that day though it was rough wasnt bad either. I still had a smile throughout the day and only shed a few tears. yesterday however was like I lost it big time. My husband and I went to a few flea markets, a thing that he and I love to do, and whle there in every booth I would see something that would be something that she would have liked, or something that we would have laughed at together, or just reminded me of her and I was so depressed the whole day. I cried and cried. Well by last night I was back to being ok again but I got to truly thinking of things. I realized that things she had shared with me is things that she wont get to share with my kids who are 10 and 7. Yes I know that they have memories of their own but they still wouldnt get to hear all the stories. That got me to thinking of a way for me to help myself cope with this. I contatcted my dad 1st because I dont want to do anything that would hurt him. He gave me the ok and so I went with it. I posted on my fb, called up some of my family, and still have some family and friends to contact. I want everyone to write down their memories of my mother from her childhood, her adulthood, and everything in between. I figure it will take at least a year or more to get things together which is fine with me. I am going to put everything in order from her childhook up till the end and have it published in a book for them. That way they will have it to show to their own families that they have in the future. My brothers are not married either right now. Im not sure if they ever will or not but if they do, and they have kids of their own then I want to be able to give this book to them as well so that they will get to know the wonderful woman that she was and is. My mother loved to read books, her mother loved to read books, i love to read books, and my oldest son loves to read books. Not sure yet about my youngest as he is just now learning to read but I felt this would be something super special because I plan on trying to include pictures as well as the stories. I think this is something that my mom would have approved of as she loves my sons so much. I just wish that I would have sat and talked to her and asked her specifically what she would want to tell them herself. I cant change the past, but I can make it so that the future wont ever forget the wonderful woman.

• Members

Star2000,

What a fantastic idea. I am so mad at myself for not just listening to my father, asking him stories and writing down the ones he did tell. It just never occurred to me to do anything to continue his legacy.

I'm sure your mom would approved. What a great tribute to her.

ModKonnie

Archived