Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Yesterday was hard

kendi

• Members

Mine and Kenny's anniversary was yesterday. It was one of the hardest days since Kenny left to go to a better place. I did not asked off for work thought I would be able to handle it. I was totally wrong, Kenny is my heart sou; and love of my life. He was there for me through my ups and downs, and never left my side. I love that man with everything I have. I wished he was there so we could have celebrated. I could not cry before but seemed like the tears was just coming and I could not control them. Thank God I have a terrific boss I made it a half a day then asked if I could go because my mind was there but my heart was not. He did and was very understanding about it. I came home and just sat in the house I felt so close to Kenny here. It just hurts but I know I will be strong for him, but also miss him so much. I Love You Kenny til we meet again.

• Members

You should have asked for it off. I asked for mine off and didn't get it so had to trrade but did get off could never of worked that day. then spent it with my son and his gf. it wasc a sad but fun.

• Members

Anniversaries of any type are hard. My husband was so good about those things. Birthdays, holidays, anniversaries (right down to the anniversary of our first date), everything. I was never so good at it. Now when im having an especially bad time, I will stop myself and check the list. Sure enough, it's often around one of them. The latest was the 6th month anniversary of his death. I had gone to work, but I couldn't concentrate, was having trouble holding back tears. I hadn't realized it was the 6th month anniversary. Once I figured that out, I knew what was wrong. I let myself feel the sadness. I talked to him about it. Yes, I literally talk to him, not in public but wherever else I am. And I felt better.

Archived