Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Does just a little stress destroy you?

Silvergirl61

• Members

Lately, I find that I just can't take stressful situations. If people speak to each other in anger, I dissolve into tears. I hate to leave my house. I just want to sit alone with my memories, and look at my photos of Dennis, and re-read his letters, his notes, his e-mails to me...

I am trying to sort out all the remenants of our life together. I am so tired of all the rainy cold lately.

When the weather turned bad, and his plant died in the frost.. I cried like I would never stop.

I really don't know how I can handle work, and cranky, rude people, and cranky rude co-workers- especially the ones who constantly complain about their spouse, without having a complete meltdown.

It's like someone scrubbed all my feelings raw, and poured acid on top. I am just a mess!

• Members

Dear Silvergirl - I can empathize with your time to want to just be alone, away from stressful situations, cranky people, especially those complaining about their spouses -they have no idea the impact of their words on us. Jerry died July 5 2012. He's planted a beautiful garden of canna lillies around our house, they've grown huge as he was always fertilizing them. I live in PA. Our weather too has taken it's toll on his plants and for this I too cried like a baby. One day soon, i will have to go outside, cut them to the ground and pull our their bulbs for next years planting. I don't even know if i can do it. Those plants - he was so proud of growing them so big and tall. He passed just as they started blooming... i cried then too. now, it is like another death, since it got down in the thirty's here over the weekend. i run out every morning to see if they're still standing. I miss my husband so much. I too feel raw, lost and so so alone. I miss getting the "i love you" emails at work and texted to me. Will anybody ever love me again? It is normal to grieve your loss and if i didn't have to work, i prefer to just stay in the house too. here, i am surrounded by his spirit and his things, i have my thoughts, prayers and memories. I MISS HIM SO MUCH. Let's keep posting here, i've talked to you in chat, and see if we can't help each other heal? God Bless You, val

• Members

A couple was arguing yesterday in the deli, the man wanted the bolonga thin and she wanted it thicker, He walked away and they wanted 2 pounds i said what about obne thin 1 thick she threw up her hand and said no.i wanted so bad to tell them not to argue about little things that i would love to have my hubby back to put up with his little things.

• Members

A couple was arguing yesterday in the deli, the man wanted the bolonga thin and she wanted it thicker, He walked away and they wanted 2 pounds i said what about obne thin 1 thick she threw up her hand and said no.i wanted so bad to tell them not to argue about little things that i would love to have my hubby back to put up with his little things.

• Members

I understand, Gunner and Silvergirl. My husband had had two hip replacements last year and was just begining to be really mobile this spring. He had taken such delight in our three tomato plants and a raspberry bush the year before, got so upset when a creature took a bite out of one of the tomatoes. We were planning a much more sizeable garden this year and I was really looking forward to his pleasure in it. I went ahead with it after he died, and I think it helped in the early days, but I know I'll never be able to have a garden without those memories that are presently painful.

• Members

Today I heard coworkers complaining about ironing their husbands' shirts, and arguing with spouses over silly things. I wanted to strangle them! My boyfriend was upset with me his last night before the accident. One of his last texts was that he was upset I wasn't coming out. That will haunt me forever and I just want to shout to the world to never argue, always love. When they complain about silly things, like today somebody told me about their chipped tooth.. I just don't care and don't want them to either. It's frustrating. And yes, I almost burst out crying when stressed out by my students today. I think it may be just emotional exhaustion and anxiety.

• Members

Not as much the stress, but I agree that when I hear people complain about trivial things it frustrates the heck out of me. I have learned with my beloved passing to not sweat the small stuff and to love my loved ones everyday with all my heart.

• Members
ElemmireAnini

A little stress is all I can take. I have trouble working because I can't make decisions or be in charge of anything. When people are arguing I feel faint. If anyone confronts me for anything I start shaking. If someone surprises me I feel like I'm having a heart attack. I can't handle any kind of argument. You should tell them how you feel, they may be respectful and tone it down.

• Members

Stress is something that is hard to measure. A little stress to me may be an enormous amount for someone else. And with the stress we are dealing with it is very unpredictable. If we have the right amount of support around us it may be tolerable, but for someone that needs more support they may need much more help. It is not a bad thing with what we are all dealing with to ask for help so we can get through the hard times. I am going for my second set of council now, it helps me deal with the death of my wife and helps me get things out I keep bottled up. The trick is getting a good councilor. This forum has helped me more than I ever expected. I love the support I feel from posting here. I hope you find the right support and stress relief. Best wishes.

Mike

• Members

I am so tired lately, and just stressed out. I am going to try to relax for a few days..am going to stay with my sister, out of here, and see if it helps. Just wanted to post this, and let you all know, so no-one would worry, if I don't show up for a few days. Silver

Archived