Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A Bad Night ;( Please HELP

Rms1977

• Members

An someone tell me why it is EVERY single night, I break down? I have been back to work for 2 weeks now, and am sad during the day, but can half way function. But every night, I die ;(. My dearest fiancé and daughter hate seeing me this way, and I know it's not fair to them, but I miss Mama. The thought of her in the cold ground kills me!!!! It's not helping, her Birthday is next Wednesday, 1 month, and 1 day after her death. I feel like I'm dying. Please, please, tell me this gets easier!!

• Members
stargazer5510

((((((((Big hugs)))))))) I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. The universe has shifted and it hurts.

Please be very gentle with yourself. There's really no timetable.

It's hard to know how to handle the feelings of your closest family. It's hard enough handling your own grief without trying to protect or comfort others. If you can and they are open to it, it may help to tell them how you feel.

Please take care.

• Members

Thank you!! They are good listeners ;) I just feel like I'm a forever "mood-kill"

• Members
stargazer5510

lol You never know. It may make them feel helpful to talk with you and comfort you. (((((more hugs!!)))))

• Members

I'm sure there's all kinds of physical feelings and emotional connection that you miss without her. When my father died I felt like my thoughts overran my ability to function a lot of times.

• Members

I'm sure there's all kinds of physical feelings and emotional connection that you miss without her. When my father died I felt like my thoughts overran my ability to function a lot of times.

My thought definetely over-run my ability to function!! Her birthday is going to straight up kill me. It is all still so unreal.

• Members
kristaleighbird

To be honest with you, I don't think it ever gets any easier. I lost my father to a very unexpected heart attack back in June. I feel like it gets harder and harder every day, because it's longer and longer since I have talked to him. I never went more than two days without talking to him. I called him for everything. I have never been much of a cryer, but now I burst into tears at the wierdest moments,...and nights are the worst. I think it's because that's when you're winding down and there are no more distractions to keep your mind busy. All your thoughts and feelings have a chance to catch up to you and overwhelm you. I know what you mean when you say you feel like you're dying. I don't really feel like I'm dying anymore actually, more like I lost a piece of myself. I think the only thing anyone has said that has made me feel any better is when my pastor told me that I won't ever stop missing my dad, but, as time goes on, I will get used to missing him. I'm not there yet by a long shot, but it helps me to know that maybe that will make it easier one day. I hope you feel better today, and if you need someone, I'll be looking for your updates. :)

Archived