Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm Feeling Better

UnderHis Wings

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I'm feeling so much better! It has been about five weeks since my husband passed away. Am I supposed to feel better? i don't know the answer. I also don't understand why hospice still wants to be involved. Does anyone know why they want to come to my house? I told them over the phone that I'm doing fine and I don't want to be on a mailing list to receive mail that I won't read.

• Moderators

I'm feeling so much better! It has been about five weeks since my husband passed away. Am I supposed to feel better? i don't know the answer. I also don't understand why hospice still wants to be involved. Does anyone know why they want to come to my house? I told them over the phone that I'm doing fine and I don't want to be on a mailing list to receive mail that I won't read.

UH, YES take whatever "better" feelings you can get! You will still have ups and downs so take those "ups" whenever you can.

As for hospice, tell them to get lost. Well maybe put it a little nicer but be firm. :) I don't know why they are bugging you either, but hopefully they took the hint. I'm sure they mean well.

Glad you are feeling better!!

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

I am glad your feeling better UHW. I think like you Pallative care ring each week to check in. I don't need them but I suppose others might so they just do it. I hope you are doing whatever you need to whenever you need to as only your way will help you.

Thinking of you..

KD

• Members
Alexander Risten

I am glad that you are feeling better. I suspect Hospice wants to be involved because they know how unpredictable grieving can be. You can be on top of the world the one day, and the next day you can be down in the dumps. I suspect that they want to keep contact so you have someone to contact if you experience a down period. Although everybody grieves uniquely, I think 5 weeks is too soon to determine if you have worked through the grief. The disadvantage of being so much better is that the people who support you in the beginning tends to move on with their lives (especially since you appear to be coping well). When things go south you can suddenly realize that there are few people around to help you. Luckily this forum is here and there will always be someone to help you.

Important: if you suddenly do not feel better anymore, do not worry. Nothing is wrong with you. It is part of the process. Just reach us to someone

Archived