Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I HATE WHEN NIGHT COMES..

soursaptree12345

• Members

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING BETTER COPING WITH THE LOSS OF MY WIFE. BUT WHEN NIGHT COMES ITS STARTING TO REALLY GET ME DOWN. I HAD A DRUG PROBLEM WITH PAIN PILLS THAT STARTED 7 YEARS AGO. I OVERDOSED THE NIGHT OF OUR ANNIVERSARY 9.10.2012 AND ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL.THANK GOD I WAS ABLE TO CALL MY DAD. I COULD HAVE DIED WHICH I WAS NOT TRYING TO DO. I JUST WANTED THE MENTAL PAIN TO GO AWAY. NOW NIGHT HAS COME AGAIN AND I'M STARTING TO GET SWEATY HANDS AND HAVE THE TO DESIRE TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.PLUS HER CAT IS VERY SICK AND I MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE HIM PUT DOWN. THIS IS JUST TO MUCH DEATH FOR ME IN SUCH A SHORT TIME. I CAN'T START USING AGAIN BECAUSE I STOP USING 9.12.2012. I WISH THIS WAS EASY BUT IF I START ON THE PILLS AGAIN I'LL END UP OUT OF CONTROL. I THINK I'M GOING CALL THE CRISIS LINE. THIS IS NOT GOOD......ALONE AND SCARED

• Members

Please call the crisis line! Your wife didn't like you using, and you know she wouldn't want you to now. I know it seems as if the members on here are so far away they don't know you, but I can bet they would help you all they can, myself included. We are all here because we loved someone we lost. I lost my mother 2 weeks ago, to PILLS. Please please, don't!

• Members

I CALLED. I JUST NEEDED SOME ONE TO TALK TO. I ALSO TOOK MY MEDS (AS LISTED) AND THEY CLAMED ME DOWN. I'M OK JUST WOKE UP TO FEED THE DOG, THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT ME......STEVE

• Members

Steve: i understand too how hard nights can be and am so glad to see someone responded to you already. Don't do the pills again. It's not what your wife would've wanted for you... don't dishonor her memory and passing. I will share this with you: my husband died july 5 2012. the final death certificate state combinded drug intoxication. I was horrified but upon explanation by the coroner, Jerry had 2x the amount of his celexa, an antidepressant , in his system and 2x the amount of morphine sulfate he should have had. PLEASE WE CANNOT LOSE ANOTHER TO OVERTAKING MEDS! yOU ARE NOT ALONE HERE. you are now a member of a family of people all goiing through a loss. stay tight and keep posting. it has been three months now. i miss jerry everyday more and more. But the drugs aren' t the answer. I am also a member of NA and AA and have learned a lot through that family of people. It sounds like we have a lot in common Steve. God Bless You. Val

• Members

Steve: i understand too how hard nights can be and am so glad to see someone responded to you already. Don't do the pills again. It's not what your wife would've wanted for you... don't dishonor her memory and passing. I will share this with you: my husband died july 5 2012. the final death certificate state combinded drug intoxication. I was horrified but upon explanation by the coroner, Jerry had 2x the amount of his celexa, an antidepressant , in his system and 2x the amount of morphine sulfate he should have had. PLEASE WE CANNOT LOSE ANOTHER TO OVERTAKING MEDS! yOU ARE NOT ALONE HERE. you are now a member of a family of people all goiing through a loss. stay tight and keep posting. it has been three months now. i miss jerry everyday more and more. But the drugs aren' t the answer. I am also a member of NA and AA and have learned a lot through that family of people. It sounds like we have a lot in common Steve. God Bless You. Val

Thanks Val, I'll be OK because I'm determed to over come my addiction. I'm glad I found this site. It seem every group meeting in my area is at night. I work afternoon's and can't find any day programs. I'm still going to shop around and fine two meeting one for the drugs and the other for greif. Thank you all for being here for me when I needed it. Maybe I can help some he too. Weekdays I'm fine because work keeps me busy and I'm tired when I get home so sleep is good. It's the week-end I have a hard time. Thabk again for everyones concern. I'm not alone here.....

steve

• Members

Steve, Hi I’m Mike. About a week ago I was going through some very depressing situations at work and with my wife that died May 16th 2012 I really had hit the end of my rope. I wanted to take the drugs that are here left over from my wife’s illness. I felt that it really didn’t matter anymore. Then someone from these boards helped me get through the hard part. She continues to help me. I don’t know what I would do without the people here. I do not have any family near me so I count on the people here and they have helped me more than anyone could really imagine. Please keep posting and everyone here has and is going through similar situations.

Mike

• Members

Steve, Hi I’m Mike. About a week ago I was going through some very depressing situations at work and with my wife that died May 16th 2012 I really had hit the end of my rope. I wanted to take the drugs that are here left over from my wife’s illness. I felt that it really didn’t matter anymore. Then someone from these boards helped me get through the hard part. She continues to help me. I don’t know what I would do without the people here. I do not have any family near me so I count on the people here and they have helped me more than anyone could really imagine. Please keep posting and everyone here has and is going through similar situations.

Mike

Thanks Mike, the pain pills are behind me. I have family but they always say we don't know what to say or what to do for you. I too am thankful for the friends here I can talk with. It's help me since my group sessions stopped after 8 days. I'm taking one day at a time. Thank you for responding and sharing your emotions with me. I know I'm not alone anymore. I can come here and feel some pain lifting.........Steve

• Members

Nights are always harder for me , too. The first thing I did, was get rid of the pills my husband had left over, especially his pain pills, just so i wouldn't be tempted to take any of them. Maybe you should think about doing that, too.

I hope you are dong ok today..and come back and talk. This place helps, because we all seem to be going through similar situations, if only in a few ways.

• Members

Steve, I am so sorry. I understand the nights and the loneliness. Please stay here, we are all going to get throug this, we just have to.

• Members
soursaptree12345

it is good to hear other parties also going thru the lonliness the night brings

daytime you are busy, and even your family keep in contact, however evenings people go to their respectful home

and you are alone

my therapy has been to keep busy during that period of time and it seems to alleviate the pain

i cook my meal for the next day, try to mend and learn the sewing machine technique again, listen and do some music,

the idea is to keep busy and remember to keep busy during the evening hours, and it is helping

i was put on a depression med and i am weaning slowly from it, now that is hard, especially when you meet persons who did not know of the death and want to form conversations on the matter, anybody has any ideas or methods how to manage that part of the grief

I am reading posts that are helping, and i am happy i decided to join the group

Archived