Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

dont know where it comes from

Rms1977

• Members

i lost my mom 5 days after i turned 18, its been the longest almost 12 years of my life,,,she was my best friend. some days it hurts worse than others,some days,,it hurts as if it were yesterday, i yearn for a mom...i get attached to people so easily....my therapist says this is a normal reaction to loosing my mom, but it just doesnt feel normal...i get so attached and never want to leave that person, its an everyday battle that consumes my mind...im just wondering if there is anyone else that feels this way....thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this...

• Members

i lost my mom 5 days after i turned 18, its been the longest almost 12 years of my life,,,she was my best friend. some days it hurts worse than others,some days,,it hurts as if it were yesterday, i yearn for a mom...i get attached to people so easily....my therapist says this is a normal reaction to loosing my mom, but it just doesnt feel normal...i get so attached and never want to leave that person, its an everyday battle that consumes my mind...im just wondering if there is anyone else that feels this way....thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this...

My mother has only been gone for a little over 2 1/2 weeks, so I cannot answer what is "normal". However, I know tha pain I am feeling right now, will forever hurt me, so I can understand how you still grieve after 12 yrs. we grow up with the conception that our Mothers are "supposed" to always be there for us. As you and I know, reality is, they're not. It is not their faults. I know if they could be here now, they would. I would absolutely think it is "normal" to want a female in my life, as we all need that loving, nurturing, Mama figure. Of course they can't take their place, but it sure helps to feel that love. I am so sorry you're hurting. Sending big hugs your way!

Archived