Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Have you ever saved a life?

widower2

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I saved my husband's life once. He was choking so I performed the Heimlich Maneuver. I had never done it before, not even in practice. It was on a Christmas Eve. I wish I could have done something so easily when he had cancer.

• Moderators

Wow - I wonder how many people (even though they know how to do it) would have hesitated or not even done it or screwed it up/etc? Props to you!!

I have not, unless maybe you count our dog - if not for me, God only knows where he would have ended up and odds are pretty good he might have been put down - getting older and is known to have bit someone (that's like the mark of the devil according to a lot of mental midgets who know nothing about dogs/animals/life).

• Moderators

More than you may know. And frankly given a choice I would take them over some people out there. It's not even close.

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

UHW

I think I helped Ray live longer by fighting for him when he couldn't. How I wish for one wish to change things but being realistic nothing I could do would save his life. My husband chose to stop medications so no matter what I think I could not help him in the end. We all did our best...KD

• Members
stargazer5510

More than you may know. And frankly given a choice I would take them over some people out there. It's not even close.

My dogs have been so much more comfort than anyone else.

Back on topic, I did give my husband chest compressions with the 911 operator giving me instructions on the speaker phone, but I knew in my heart he was already gone.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry SG. I can't even imagine. Yes my dog has been invaluable to me......

Archived