Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom on September 11, 2012

ForeverRemembered

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I miss my mom so much. I am scared of the upcoming Holidays. Her Birthday is on December 14th. I am not sure how I am going to get through the next few months.

post-300228-0-32435500-1349161638_thumb.

• Members
Italianluv99@yahoo.com

Sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom, on Sept. 9, 2012. I have been in such a daze lately. Can not focus on any given thing. Told that this is all normal and part of the grieving process. It is going to be hard when special events come, and it will be ok to cry. I realize it is still scary though. I just want the sadness to disappear, but I know it is not going to. Big hugs to you!

• Members

My mother passed away in 2006. The last two years I've been working on a website so that I could honor her. I came up with www.deiningthedash.com which is a free online community where people can post tributes, memories, photos, videos and write the biography for our loved ones who have passed on. I hope this can help you as it has me.

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I keep waiting to get to that 5th step of acceptance in the grieving process. I feel like I am waking from the numb feeling, which I felt when she first past away. I have felt a lot of anger and have went through nights of googling and trying to find anything and anyone I could to blame. I think I am past the anger and blaming part which is why I found this site. Do you have any children? My son is 8 years old and he cries every night before bed. He doesn't want to go to sleep because he says he keeps having bad dreams. We have talked about his dreams and I try to explain to him that it will not be like this forever. My daughter is 11 years old and shows no emotions at all.

• Members
siann lambert

hi.. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother , my mother passed AWAY also this month , on the 22 of sep 2012 .. I'm new to this site and come across your story .. It stuck out because my brothers birthday is the same day you lost your MOM.. I came onto this site because every one around me does not understand the pain I'm going through .. They just expect me to go back to the watching I use to be and when I try explain the feelings inside of me , they not really supportive and hardly seem to care.. They say they understand but unless you have lost your mother , no one will ever understand.. I know I don't know you , but I hope you are holding up okay... Like I say to people... I'm ALRIGHT .... IT ONLY HURT'S WHEN I BREATHE!!!!

• Members
siann lambert

hi.. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother , my mother passed AWAY also this month , on the 22 of sep 2012 .. I'm new to this site and come across your story .. It stuck out because my brothers birthday is the same day you lost your MOM.. I came onto this site because every one around me does not understand the pain I'm going through .. They just expect me to go back to the watching I use to be and when I try explain the feelings inside of me , they not really supportive and hardly seem to care.. They say they understand but unless you have lost your mother , no one will ever understand.. I know I don't know you , but I hope you are holding up okay... Like I say to people... I'm ALRIGHT .... IT ONLY HURT'S WHEN I BREATHE!!!!

• Members

I am sorry for everyone's loss. I lost my Mama on September 18,2012. I feel everything you all feel. Mamas 59 birthday is October 17...I'm not looking forward at all. God bless you all!

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I am sorry for everyone's loss. I lost my Mama on September 18,2012. I feel everything you all feel. Mamas 59 birthday is October 17...I'm not looking forward at all. God bless you all!

I will be thinking of you on October 17th. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. I have a feeling we are in for a very difficult upcoming season but we can pull strength from each other. What I wouldn't give for just 5 more minutes with her.

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. It is hard. Sometimes I just can't believe she is gone. Regarding what you wrote....just remember, that people do care. They just don't know what to say. Really, what can they say? I do not believe I will ever be the same person who I was before my mom passed away. She was so delicate and sweet and she went through so much pain but tried not to let anyone know that she was in pain or not feeling well. She was never a bother to me.

The world still goes on and it is hard to keep up our everyday commitments when all we want to do is climb back into bed. However, I know that wouldn't help me at all, so I pretend (for my kids) that I am happy and not sad. When the tears roll down my face, it is my contacts that are bothering me and not me breaking down because I had a split second thought to pick up the phone and call my mom but then the pain strikes when I remember that she isn't there. I am constantly looking for signs from her. Any sign, that I think she may have given me, provides me comfort. You are in my thoughts.

Archived