Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my father

smuman

• Members

It has been almost 11 months since my father suddenly died of a heart attack.He was only 68 years old. Since his death I have had to deal witht the theft of half his life's work stolen from myself and his family from someone I truly hate. I have never hated anyone in my entire life, but after this persons unholy behavior was revealed to me I couldn't help myself. Just last Friday it seems I will not have to sue this person for what is rightfully mine. Ever since then it seems now like I am finally free to grieve for my father. It's almost as if my father died all over again. I can't sleep. I can't plan for the future. I can't feel happy. Laughter use to come so easily to me.

I miss you dad. I wish you were here to help me get through this mess.

• Members

[user=19570]smuman[/user] wrote:

It has been almost 11 months since my father suddenly died of a heart attack.He was only 68 years old. Since his death I have had to deal witht the theft of half his life's work stolen from myself and his family from someone I truly hate. I have never hated anyone in my entire life, but after this persons unholy behavior was revealed to me I couldn't help myself. Just last Friday it seems I will not have to sue this person for what is rightfully mine. Ever since then it seems now like I am finally free to grieve for my father. It's almost as if my father died all over again. I can't sleep. I can't plan for the future. I can't feel happy. Laughter use to come so easily to me.

I miss you dad. I wish you were here to help me get through this mess.

i know what you mean completly after my mom died last year i have had to fight so hard and get a free legal aid attorney etc to get it straightened out.. i havent been able to grieve for my mom either..  i know how you feel.. i have never hated any one in my life either... but since the other 3 family family members have done such crummy stuff to disencourage me from getting my share of whats mine i hate them and i know what you mean... they will get theirs some day .. it just takes a little more time

• Members

Shuman--if you need to talk, drop me a line. I lost my dad 10 months ago--while I cannot relate to your story exactly, we have had quite a bit of drama we'll call it since dad's passing that puts me in a situation where feelings of hate are very much a part of my daily existence...

I will keep you in my prayers

• Members

Hi!  At least for now I think I'm going to try my best to choose happiness.  I don't think this will be easy, but it's been over a year for me, and I'm ready to move toward it.  This will still be a great group to give support and reflect on where I am..... and even vent some leftover anger issues.  My life may have completely collapsed on me, but I'm finally ready to take part in the more positive aspects in life....or at least try to be.  

Archived