Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my best friend...my mother

mares2001

• Members

I am 33 years old and I feel like an orphan. My father died when I was 7, a week before father's day, of a heart attack in our driveway. My mother raised me by herself from that point until she passed away of a massive stroke and brain hemmorage on May 5, 2012..a week before mother's day. She too passed out in our driveway when I was living with my husband upstairs. I am an only child and took care of her when she was having health issues for the last years of her life. I sat with her in the hospital and didnt leave her side until she left me about 4 days after her attack happened on May 2. There are days that I am so lonely and so depressed that I just chug though my days because I have too. But there are times that I would rather not be here and be with her. She was my best friend and I miss talking to her. Everyone says that I can still talk to her and I do but I miss the conversations that we had. I miss everything that we had and I just want it all back.

• Members

@ mares2001-I know what you are going through when you say that you miss the conversations with your mom and you don't want to be here-trust me-I say the same exact things too about with my mom passing on. but just think-you hafta keep going like I do and try to be strong like ppl tell me to. I know its very hard and trust me-anyone who says its easy well they are lying like a rug. Trust me-I want my mom back like you do everyday but try to stay strong like I am trying to do. I wish you nbothing but peace, grace, and clarity all the days of your life.

• Members

I know something of what you're going through. My mother raised me, and defended me from an abusive father for as long as he had access to me-- including enforced visitation rights. She was the head of my family, me her only son, and we were best friends from having been through many difficulties together.

Around the time your mother died, mine went into the hospital for c.diff complicated by COPD. I nearly lost her many times over the next five months, as she struggled to regain enough strength to use a wheelchair-- she'd been as active as always up until the hospitalization. Eight days from her scheduled discharge home from the rehab facility, she had a panic attack provoked by an upcoming doctor's appointment. This led to tachycardia, and several hours later heart failure and death.

Things have been unbelievably difficult. I'm managing the house we lived in together, caring for her cats, and struggling to get out of bed in the morning while ascending the steep learning curve of the aforesaid and also the inheritance process.

Friends have been scarce and relatives have become exhausted helping me, and yet I'm struggling to find hope and the will to live.

She was a great mother, a talented creative person, and wiser than I in so many ways. Getting through life without her guidance seems hopeless. And her death seems so senseless, cruel, and tragic.

I'd do anything to have her back for just one hour. For even a minute.

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. I loss my mother on 8/27/2012 and I miss her so much. EVerything I did she knew about it my mother was my best friend we always did things together. We were suppose to go to AC this october because she loved to gamble smile. I miss her so much all my news I use to tell her she was my biggest support system, I know how you feel about missing your talks with your mother because I miss the talks with mines. I know most people like to give kind words like she hears you and she knows, but its not the same I want her here with me. I need her here with me, my mind keep going to the last time I saw her before she pass we went to Red Lobster for the end shrimp deal we had a ball it was me, her, my baby bro and my husband. I have pictures and I am happy I do. I hope this gets easier for the both of us. Because it is hard to go through the day and not be able to speak to my mom I listen to her voice messages she left me often but its not the same sometimes I just want to be near her and hug her.

I am 33 years old and I feel like an orphan. My father died when I was 7, a week before father's day, of a heart attack in our driveway. My mother raised me by herself from that point until she passed away of a massive stroke and brain hemmorage on May 5, 2012..a week before mother's day. She too passed out in our driveway when I was living with my husband upstairs. I am an only child and took care of her when she was having health issues for the last years of her life. I sat with her in the hospital and didnt leave her side until she left me about 4 days after her attack happened on May 2. There are days that I am so lonely and so depressed that I just chug though my days because I have too. But there are times that I would rather not be here and be with her. She was my best friend and I miss talking to her. Everyone says that I can still talk to her and I do but I miss the conversations that we had. I miss everything that we had and I just want it all back.

• Members

My mother passed away in 2006. The last two years I've been working on a website so that I could honor her. I came up with www.deiningthedash.com which is a free online community where people can post tributes, memories, photos, videos and write the biography for our loved ones who have passed on. I hope this can help you as it has me.

Archived