Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad 2 days ago.

Smg-Uk

• Members

Hello i lost my dad on monday night and i'm not even sure what he died of, He was 59 and a diabetic and he rarely got ill but over the weekend he wasn't feeling too good but he would not go and see a doctor and on saturday he helped me and my partner move into a new bungalow. I am finding it very difficult to cope and i find it hard even just to do day to day stuff and the problem is i am my partners carer so i need to stay focused and help her and our 10 month old daughter but i can't stop thinking of my dad because he was also like my best mate and the person i could turn too if i had problems etc.

I am finding my life difficult to cope with now that everything has changed, I am 27 and my partner is 32 and during her pregnancy last year she had a stroke and is now unable to use her left arm and can only walk short distances with a stick and long distances she has to go into a wheelchair so i had to give up working to become her carer and also look after our daughter and it was out first place together and i found all the changes very difficult to come to terms with but my mum and dad helped us through by helping us get out and about and just being there.

Now that i have lost my dad i feel lost we were very close and shared the same views and interests etc and he absolutely loved being a granddad and loved his granddaughter to bits and i can't help but keep thinking about all the things hes going to miss out on like seeing her grow up etc and its not fair.

Does it really get easier ? Because at the moment i feel ill and depressed and i hate going asleep and waking up to find out it wasn't a dream and that i've just got to get on with it.

• Members

Hello i lost my dad on monday night and i'm not even sure what he died of, He was 59 and a diabetic and he rarely got ill but over the weekend he wasn't feeling too good but he would not go and see a doctor and on saturday he helped me and my partner move into a new bungalow. I am finding it very difficult to cope and i find it hard even just to do day to day stuff and the problem is i am my partners carer so i need to stay focused and help her and our 10 month old daughter but i can't stop thinking of my dad because he was also like my best mate and the person i could turn too if i had problems etc.

I am finding my life difficult to cope with now that everything has changed, I am 27 and my partner is 32 and during her pregnancy last year she had a stroke and is now unable to use her left arm and can only walk short distances with a stick and long distances she has to go into a wheelchair so i had to give up working to become her carer and also look after our daughter and it was out first place together and i found all the changes very difficult to come to terms with but my mum and dad helped us through by helping us get out and about and just being there.

Now that i have lost my dad i feel lost we were very close and shared the same views and interests etc and he absolutely loved being a granddad and loved his granddaughter to bits and i can't help but keep thinking about all the things hes going to miss out on like seeing her grow up etc and its not fair.

Does it really get easier ? Because at the moment i feel ill and depressed and i hate going asleep and waking up to find out it wasn't a dream and that i've just got to get on with it.

Smg-UK

I am so very sorry about the loss of your dad. Yes, it does get easier, but it takes a measure of time. You certainly sound like you have a heavy load with your partner's health problems, but how awesome of you to take on such a responsibility. Will you be able to resume your career one day?

How is your mom doing through all of this? You've come to a good place for support and encouragement. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello Smg-Uk I am sorry for your loss. I loss my mother on 8/27/2012 that was the day my life went upside down, trust me I know how you feel because I am there I try to keep busy and stay close with my family that I have. Thank god for my family bros/sis/aunt/husband without them I would be totally loss I mean so far gone. I have had some pretty bad thoughts and I still have them from time to time. I can't tell you if it get easier becuause I am still dealing with it now. But I do think that writing about it helps a lot, someone suggest to me to start a journal and that is what I did it helps get all of my feelings out. I hope it get easier because the days seems so hard waking up and my mom is not there. For example today I lost a total of 20.4 pounds normally I would run to call my mother to tell her the good news, but I was unable to and that made me so sad. But I still told her in my heart and I know she was happy for me. I think as times goes by we will learn to deal with it not get over it or forget it just deal with it. This site has help me vent alot and all of the support everyone has been giving me has helped, i get support from family, friends, coworkers and this group.

I don't have any kids yet and my mother use to always ask me and my husband when are we having children I told her that we would try by the end of the year and she was happy. My mother was only 54 years old her birthday is 12/24/2012 and she had two grandsons she was looking for her grand daughter. We just found out after my mother pass that my older brother is having a baby she never got the news they where going to tell her the day she past. Hopefully its her grand daughter she always wanted. I too sit and say my mother is going to miss out on seeing me have my first child I needed her here to tell me what to do and not to do with my child I wanted her to drive me crazy and love my child like she loved all of her other grand kids and kids. I know she is still with us in heart my mother had five kids and I see her in all of us.

I hope things get easier for you, because you have a lot to deal with and I know that this is not easy the hurt you feel is normal I still feel the pain, and I can't believe its almost been a month since my mother passing. I know the heart ache and I hope it does get easier for us down the line. I will pray for you and your family.

• Members

My mother passed away in 2006. The last two years I've been working on a website so that I could honor her. I came up with www.deiningthedash.com which is a free online community where people can post tributes, memories, photos, videos and write the biography for our loved ones who have passed on. I hope this can help you as it has me.

Archived