Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What do I do?

Opie0327

• Members

Hello to my fellow members.

I will try my best . We lost Dad in January of 2012 after a three year battle with cancer. He fought as hard and long as he could. He was 75. Mom is 74. My older sis is 52 and her husband is 56 and may two nephews are 22 and 19 and the two nephews are happy. I am 45 and have had a tough time. I have finally turned a corner in the last month. Sis and bro-in-law are now having a tough time in more than just the way that Dad is gone. She is so sad and I feel so bad. She will not talk to me but goes to Mom all the time. Mom turns to me and is sadder than ever. Just feeling at a loss.

• Members

Just be you. You seem to have a great strength about you I feel it. Thank you by the way......

Everyone deals with things different. I cant say I do not know what you are going threw and wont My husband has a lot to deal with me and no family. Hopefully all things that are going on will bring all of you together. Its alot to go threw alone. Give it time.

• Members

Hello Dawngmarie,

Welcome. I am sorry for your loss. Some say the first year w/o a loved one is the hardest. Some say the second yr is the hardest. I say every yr is challenging at times, and that is normal. Everyone grieves differently. It is important to talk (or write) about your feelings. And you may want to suggest the same thing to your family. Offer for them to visit this site too. Maybe contact the funeral home, hospital or hospice to see if they offer support groups or other resources. You could google "stages of grief" as a starting point to get a better understanding of what you and your family may encounter as you move throught the grieving process. I can not give you an answer that will make the hurt go away, but I can make suggestions that will help ease the pain.

Just be you. You seem to have a great strength about you I feel it. Thank you by the way......

Everyone deals with things different. I cant say I do not know what you are going threw and wont My husband has a lot to deal with me and no family. Hopefully all things that are going on will bring all of you together. Its alot to go threw alone. Give it time.

Archived