Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost

dawngmarie

• Members

In April 2 years ago I lost my father suddenly, 4 months later my grandfather, 2months later my aunt, 2 months later my grandmother and 2 months after that I lost my mother. In a matter of 10 months it seems like my whole family is gone. I am at most times very grateful for the time, I had with all of them. I don't always act that way but deep down I believe I am grateful. My mother and I did not really see eye to eye until my dad died and we were able to build a closeness and friendship I really miss . I am a mess. Having both parents gone sorta feel like I just don't belong. A feeling I wish I didn't feel. I am married and have three beautiful children I still feel empty and lost................

• Members

from what i hear things are meant to get better, ive lost 3 family members this year and i feel like if i come off auto pilot il crumble. so please know, you are not alone, many people feel the way you do, and that is at least, a small comfort to know that you are not going through this tragedy alone. as for the feeling of being lost, you will find your way, we are strong people and you will eventually find your way through the darkness. just a little bit at a time x

• Members

Thank you for the warm words

from what i hear things are meant to get better, ive lost 3 family members this year and i feel like if i come off auto pilot il crumble. so please know, you are not alone, many people feel the way you do, and that is at least, a small comfort to know that you are not going through this tragedy alone. as for the feeling of being lost, you will find your way, we are strong people and you will eventually find your way through the darkness. just a little bit at a time x

• Members

Newbie,

I so understand the auto pilot and am sorry.

I think I don't quite like when I go off auto pilot because thats when I have time to think and sometimes wow! do I fall apart. I understand we need to feel it all. Guess I at times would rather be "numb" . Most likely why I am not quite where I would like to be. Not yet anyway I believe I will find peace and not sure what else. Hang in there you sound like a very strong person.

Archived