Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Princess

butterfliesdad

• Members
butterfliesdad

As a father I always thought of my daughter as a princess. If you have ever seen the movie " A Little Princess" you know that all girls are princesses. Mine is gone. It is difficult to share the feelings one experiences when you are given the "news" of a terminal illness diagnosis and "no hope" for a cure, except by the hand of GOD for your child. You pray and hope and exhaust all possibilities that your child will be spared. Mine was not. My story is not special other than that it is individual to the experience I shared with my daughter. If you are reading this you too know the pain of such a loss. I really don't know where to begin. I find  that I am at a loss for words to even speak of the feelings I hold within. I still find it hard to believe she is gone. My princess is gone.

• Members
daniellemom

Butterflies Dad,

I'm so sorry for your lost. I also lost my daughter Danielle almost 5 months ago to a single car accident. She was 21 years old and 21 days. It's so very hard. Please read and post as you can and tell your daughters life story. I'm here to listen.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

javascript: document.editor_form.message.value = document.editor_form.text_editor.value; document.editor_form.post_reply.value=1; document.editor_form.submit();

Send

• Members
heathershope

MY BUTTERFLY IS GONE TOO.  MY DAUGHTER, MY FRIEND.   I DO UNDERSTAND THE PAIN. THE LOSS. THE AGONY OF ALL THE FUTURE MEMORIES AND EXPERIENCES GONE. I KNOW THE FEELING OF BEING TOLD YOUR DAUGHTER WILL LIKELY DIE BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT.  I FELL OFF THAT BUILDING INTO HELL WITH NO WARNING AND NO SAFETY NET AS WELL.  MY PAIN IS A CHASM, A BURDEN AND I CARRY IT ALONE.

Archived