Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

After Midnight again and Not Able to Sleep

arnoldsmb

• Members

I wish I could sleep at night so badly. It is just another night of tossing and turning and never ever getting any rest

Even took the medicine for sleep . And now the tears are coming. Please just say wish or prayer that I can get myself

back to something semi normal pattern. Just missing my husband of 28 years. It's been 14 months but at night it

seems like yesterday. I hate feeling alone and just drained from the emotion and now even more crying .. Can't

seem to stop the crying.

Any kind words would be appreciated.

• Members

Dear Shay, I can say i understand this terrible toss up in our sleep cycles and all the crying dear. i woke up at 3.00 am today and can't fall back asleep. don't want to take the meds cause then i'll be drowsy all day.

my husband died july 5 2012 and nights are hardest. i surround myself with his bathrobe and pictures for comfort. so here i sit at the computer. nothing seems to make me feel better; it'll be two months in a few days.

have you tried taking a warm bath before bed, or i light a candle and just stare at it? reading? i want to offer kind words per your request but all i seem to have is understanding of your situation. it hurts and it hurts deep. i will keep you in my prayers and pray that you get some rest. God Bless You, Val

• Members

Val,

Thank you for your kind words and understanding I have an appt with a counselor this week and hope this is a help.

I am so sorry about your loss. I also keep by husbands bathrobe with me at night. It was one of the last Christmas presents

I gave him and he loved it. It is so hard trying to just get through a day.

Thank you again for your support,

Shay

• Moderators

shary, very sorry - I think most of us have had those kind of nights to one extent or other. May I suggest though if you're just tossing and turning and wide awake, don't keep on doing it - being in bed just because "it's that time" or you're "supposed" to isn't doing you any favors - get up and watch TV or poke around the internet or read or listen to music or do hobbies or something to occupy yourself until you start to feel yourself tiring. val's ideas were great. Once I even found myself cleaning the kitchen at 3 AM. Take care and hoping you have better nights soon!

Archived