Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

its' rough when you see couples

gunnerswife

• Members

After work today i stopped to see my sisters and cousin at a school reunion. It was a reunion for the whole area. most was so much older then me i didn't know anyone but everyone had there spouse with them.I was talking to a couple we use to rent from, much older then us. It just doesn't seem fair i don't have my husband any more. my sister met me in another room and said don't cry but its hard to not cry when you are talking about him. my cousin almost made me cry so i had to walk out of the room. it is just so sad.

• Moderators

I'm sorry gw. It is (very) hard seeing couples and not having what they have generally, esp when you are so used to it. Wishing you better days and better ability to work past those moments.

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Hi GW

I understand the whole couple thing. Its hard to watch couples after you yourself have been in a long standing relationship. I spoke to my counsellor and she said its normal to feel jealousy, anger and overall uncomfortable when you are around couples. I wouldn't say I am jealous more annoyed.

As for crying I think people need to let us cry when we need to. I find when I hold back its just worse when you get in the car on your own or at home alone.

On a positive its good your out and about.

It is so comforting to have this site as their are so many caring people in similar situations to us.

Hope today is ok for you and chat soon

KD

• Members

It is good you are getting out. Getting out is something I am still having a hard time doing. I know that staying home is not the best thing to do, but is

easier for me right now. Wishing you peace and hope for the future.

Shay

• Members

i don't get out much and i force myself to do what i do do. then when i am out i want to leave right away. i think i wil get out more in the next couple of weeks since my sister is home from florida.i told her to stay with my sister witth cancer so i am not sure what all we will do.

• Members
MemphisMargaret

I hate getting out. I have been making myself accept invitations. I went to a concert I was invited to and had to try and pretend to be enjoying myself. I cried all the way home afterward. I went to a ball game with my son and I actually did enjoy that until we passed the hospital that my husband was at so many times during the past 8 months and then cried and cried. My friends from out of town took me out to brunch today and that was nice but then they wanted to go to Graceland...I guess they forgot that my husband and I went there on our first date (He was a big Elvis fan)and we got married at the chapel there so it was awful for me to be there. Now I wish they'd go home so that I can just be here by myself and not have to go anywhere except back to work on Tuesday. I don't like being around people. I just want to be here at home with my pictures and my memories, watching things that I would normally be watching with my husband.

• Members

For me, it is very rough when i see couples. i prefer to just stay at home it seems. my parents try and coax me out but i am just severely depressed right now and without energy or motivation to do anything. it's rough too when a co worker comes in after the weekend , telling me what a great weekend she and her boyfriend had. i don' t know if she is just insensitive or too young to even think before she speaks. that's what i have to look forward to Tuesday. And today is a holiday, so no work. i'll probably isolate all day. Am not doing too well. I pray it gets better for all of us. God bless, Val

Archived