Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Mom

gratoe

• Members

I recently lossed my mom, rather suddenly, she lived with me and started having stomach pains, when I got her to the hospital everything went from bad to worse, she was diagnosed with necrotizing pancreatitis, despite never having pancreas problems, and the only factor she had was taking blood pressure medications which have been associated. she was in ICU for two weeks and passed on Aug 9, I am heart broken because she was more than my mom, she was my best friend in many ways, My best Cheerleader, and I was hers. She moved to Ohio to live with me for the last eight years, and I am blessed to have had that time with her, yet the suddeness of her death and the void it has left has made me despondent. I am full of grief and sadness, and I feel bad I couldnt save her from this. I dont know how to bear how im feeling. I try to stay busy and for the most part remain productive. I cry when im alone and feel lost. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

• Members

I recently lossed my mom, rather suddenly, she lived with me and started having stomach pains, when I got her to the hospital everything went from bad to worse, she was diagnosed with necrotizing pancreatitis, despite never having pancreas problems, and the only factor she had was taking blood pressure medications which have been associated. she was in ICU for two weeks and passed on Aug 9, I am heart broken because she was more than my mom, she was my best friend in many ways, My best Cheerleader, and I was hers. She moved to Ohio to live with me for the last eight years, and I am blessed to have had that time with her, yet the suddeness of her death and the void it has left has made me despondent. I am full of grief and sadness, and I feel bad I couldnt save her from this. I dont know how to bear how im feeling. I try to stay busy and for the most part remain productive. I cry when im alone and feel lost. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Gratoe,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm sure you are probably still stunned over the entire ordeal at this point. It sounds as though you are doing the right thing in trying to stay busy and continuing to press forward. Cry all you want and be sure and talk to people near you and those who care for you. Talking about your feelings, and talking about the whole experience will help you process it. Are you eating anything? Getting any sleep? We will be here for you. There are many people here who have experience the loss of their precious parents. They will be able to offer you support and encouragement.

ModKonnie

Archived