Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Cat

paulaj

• Members

Today is the day I take my cat, Jersey, to the vet's. I'm trying a new vet and I hope it works out. I remember how sick the cat became when my husband died. And what a wonderful friend and comfort he is now. This is one smart cat. He walks on a leash and plays fetch with his toy mice. If I don't want to play fetch, he dips his fur mouse into his water bowl, to make sure I throw it. He has many actions in that are hysterical and amusing.

I'm still sorting and shredding, but the end is in sight. Every piece of paper I pick up contains a memory, so it is still a slow process. Even talking about it is getting on my nerves. I'm sure people are sick of listening to it. For anybody who has to clean up after a pack rat, you have my sympathies. The one good thing, after five years, I'm able to finalize the process. Somehow I feel like doing this will help me move on emotionally.

Mandala

• Moderators

Hey hope all went well. Pets can be big for sure. If not for my crazy dog I'd be totally alone and have enough of that as it is...he's a handful but maybe that's good in some ways.

And yes I had "pack rat" detail as well and I don't mean anything involving Frank Sinatra. You have my sympathies on that as well!

• Members
cant move on

Clearing out your husbands stuff is a big step, good for you. I have always believed that only the person directly involves knows when it's time.

Pets are a huge comfort, even when I have absolutely no desire to do anything, I get off my butt to take care of them.

I have dogs not cats, but I supose cats can help too.:lol: Hope everything went well at the Vet.

• Members

Thanks guys for your replies. The process was becoming morose, but with a pack rat, you'll never know what you'll find. In the middle of tossing some papers with poignant memories, I came upon a nice little song he saved titled "In Your Easter Vomit." by Peter Stampfel & Antonia, circa 1970's. For a peek at the lyrics:

In your Easter Vomit with all the flies upon it

You'll be the drunkest wino in the Easter Parade

You'll be all hung over and when they roll you over

You'll be the rankest wino in the Easter Parade....and so on.

If anybody wants the rest of the lyrics PM me. If there are no takers, I won't be surprised. That was John. He could have one sick sense of humor, another reason I loved him. I've been accused of the same thing. That song saved my head, I was becoming depressed. After reading that, I couldn't stop laughing. W2, Frank Sinatra is light years away.

Be Well All,

Mandala

• Members

Mandala,

Thanks for putting some laughter into a very down day. i LOVE THE SONG! I think your husband had a wonderful sense of humor. Maybe that's because I like sick humor, LOL. Thanks very much for sharing this with us. I would PM you for the lyrics but i don't know how to do that. (Duh.)

Linda

• Members
cant move on

Hi mandala. You never told us how your cat made out with the Vet. I hope he's okay. How's the shredding going, are you still making headway? My wife wasn't a pack rat that's kind of my thing but she liked her stuffed animals, and I founded another one the other day. It's amazing how stuff can hide in a house.

• Members

The cat got a bill of good health. He's 12yrs old and in good shape. My last cat lived to be 20yrs. old.

Meow,

Mandla

Archived