Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom suddenly, can't make myself go to where she worked.

kaleigh

• Members

My mom passed away two years ago unexpectedly from a major heart attack. She was a nurse for our family doctor for years. My doctor and his family are very close to my family. I tried going up to his office once after my mom passed and I could NOT make myself go through with it. I ended up having the doctor and the nurse put me in a different room downstairs at the convenient care instead. Well, I have to make an appointment to get some prescriptions filled next week and I am absolutely dreading going to the doctor. I don't know what to do. Should I call them and ask if they could just take a look at me in the convenient care office again? I feel so bad asking them to do this for me, but I really can't go up there. I feel incredibly anxious just thinking about going there. Btw, I do have anxiety, and I am 23 years old. I wish this wasn't so hard for me. I can't picture someone else working where she did. I miss her so much every day, and I know I always will. But for some reason is really triggers sadness in me when thinking about going to where she worked. Any advice or words of wisdom would be great. Thank you everyone.

-Kaleigh

• Members
cant move on

Hi kaleigh. So sorry to hear about your mom. In my opinion you should not force yourself, or allow yourself to be forced to do anything you're not comfortable with. If he's any kind of a doctor he will understand. Let yourself work through things like this at your own pace. Take care and remember we're right here when you need us. I hope this helps.

• Members

-Kaleigh

You should definitely not keep it to yourself. Seriously - if you just keep stuffing it down and away you'll feel worse in the long run. Hang in there - your t00 young you deserve to feel happy happy.gif

I feel the same as you are when my cousin died at the age of 18 because of lung cancer. Don't think too much negative, stand up and be strong I know when we talking about it, she is so happy she has it coming into her new life. I wanted to share with you a new application that I'm using to create a memory book for my cousin who recently passed away. It's called Evertalk and it's a Facebook application. I found it to be very easy to use and highly recommend it. https://www.everta.lk

• Members
BreathofAngel

My mom passed away two years ago unexpectedly from a major heart attack. She was a nurse for our family doctor for years. My doctor and his family are very close to my family. I tried going up to his office once after my mom passed and I could NOT make myself go through with it. I ended up having the doctor and the nurse put me in a different room downstairs at the convenient care instead. Well, I have to make an appointment to get some prescriptions filled next week and I am absolutely dreading going to the doctor. I don't know what to do. Should I call them and ask if they could just take a look at me in the convenient care office again? I feel so bad asking them to do this for me, but I really can't go up there. I feel incredibly anxious just thinking about going there. Btw, I do have anxiety, and I am 23 years old. I wish this wasn't so hard for me. I can't picture someone else working where she did. I miss her so much every day, and I know I always will. But for some reason is really triggers sadness in me when thinking about going to where she worked. Any advice or words of wisdom would be great. Thank you everyone.

-Kaleigh

Lovely (((((((Kaleigh))))))), I extend my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your dear Mom. Even though it has been two years ago for those who are left behind and who loved their Mom as you do yours it is as if it had just happened. Since I know that feeling myself, I am with you completely.

Trying to go to a place where a beloved parent frequented or worked is especially hard after their passing. There is just something that keeps us from approaching those areas where they once frequented. It is said that a person's spirit tends to linger around the places they held near and dear to them. That is what the physical body senses when it finds it cannot go near such a place. Their soul presence is there and since we are unable to see or hear them it makes it that much more difficult. However, in time, if you are able to cope a little better with the wonderful memories your Mom left, you might consider that if you have to go there, before you do you should keep your mind framed on only the good things that transpired in those offices and that your Mom would not want for you to be afraid of or forget.

Being that that may not be the case at the moment for your consideration, I'm sure that speaking with the doctor beforehand and explaining that you felt much more at ease being seen in another area and that you much prefer to be seen there again would be something he surely would understand under the circumstances. The worst thing you can do, imho, is to not call the doctor beforehand to discuss this matter with him and then be expected to walk into the room that you cannot bear to be in at this time. That would exacerbate the situation therefore, I'm sure the doctor would understand and would have no problem in accommodating your needs and wishes.

It is difficult when one is so young to lose a parent such as a Mother. But please know that God knows far better than we about these things. When He calls us home, it is truly our time to return to His most loving arms and those who do can be so comforted in knowing that their Heavenly Father has received them back not only in His Divine arms but in His most loving heart.

It is also good to have someone to speak verbally to during this time, someone who will listen to your concerns and be able to support you through the pain that you are experiencing. But I know you are courageous and there can be no doubt that your dear Mother was very proud of you and continues to be from Heaven. So, be guided by the light of God in all that you do and in the steps that you take to surpass that which would thwart your moving forward at this time. Know that you can do it! Please remember that the sky is the grayest just before the light shines through!

May God bless you always and please remember your Mom in your nightly prayers! I will be praying for both of you as well! Things will get better for you, d_sunny.gif(((((dearheart)))))!

Archived