Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just a few more moments!!!

Mdanielson4

• Members
Mdanielson4

I would give anything for just a few more moments. I read someones post today and they were right, people keep saying they are still with you. I can't tell that Mary is still with me. I would give anything for just a few more moments. I am having a bad night. Fridays use to be very special for us, as it was for many others. We use to look forward to spending the weekends together. If only a few more moments. The hurt remains. That seems to be the only thing left.

• Moderators

I'm very sorry Mike. I have felt (even said out loud) those very things many times. What I'd give for just a few more moments. And Fridays/the weekend were special to us too, esp as we started dating living in diff cities. For a time it was almost all we had.

Hold on. This takes time. There is more than pain/etc ahead, though it might not seem like it.

• Members

OMG I would give my right arm for just a little more time. To be able to say I love you one more time, to kiss her one more time, to tell her again how much she meant to me, to just gaze into her eyes one more time. The day before she passed away, she said that she wished it were last year again. Last year was very special for us. As far as Fridays go, it seems like that was the night we all looked forward to. I know it sounds corny, but Friday was the night we would go grocery shopping. We spent days leading up to that day texting each other the sales for that week. Like I said, it sounds corny, but it was fun for us. How I long for those days again, planning meals for the week, sale shopping, laughing throughout the store, even picking up a bunch of grapes and eating them while shopping only to get to the register with a bag full of grape vine and looking at the clerk with a sheepish grin and telling her to make sure that she charges me for them. So much fun. Those days are gone and now we all are just left with memories of the good times. I believe that she is watching over me and guiding me through this pain one step at a time, just as we would always help to guide each other through whatever hurdle came our way. The day she died, we made sure to express our love for each other and she told me that we will be together again. I promised her that I would never forget her, and she just looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "please don't." I think about that moment every day.

• Moderators

What a great post........we enjoyed grocery shopping too (well those weekend trips, not the day/day "pick up some milk" stuff) and some of our best memories are of that or similar trips. I'm so glad you had those final moments - unfortunately we were robbed of that. Thanks for a memory of better times though.

• Members

Today is the four month anniversary of Karen's passing and it is just as raw and real as it was on April 14. I miss her more and more as each day passes and I find myself wanting for the day when we will be together again. This pain is so unbearable at times that I don't know how I am going to be able to do this. I find myself not being able to focus on what I need to do, instead I daydream back to the good times and the wonderful memories that we created, then I end up thinking about what if...what if she had gotten her heart transplant...what if we were finally able to get married...what if we were able to experience happily ever after...what if, what if, what if??????????? Sometimes life is so unfair. Where did all of the people go who were promising to be there? I have such an empty feeling all the time. I feel like I need to put on this facade, why?..I don't know. I want her back right now. I want to go back to the way things were right now. We didn't need anyone else, we had each other and that was good enough. We had so much in common, so many plans, so many ideas, so much we wanted to do...down the drain. I was looking at the list of things that we wanted to do the other day, and I can't believe that we made that list just five short months ago. I know that this sounds like a pity party, and I'm sorry if that is how I'm coming across...I just miss her so much and I am feeling so much sorrow and anger today that I need to express some of it. I am doing my best to hold it together today, but it has been a rough one. Thanks for listening

• Members

FireX4, I am so sorry for your pain. My four month anniversary is in 3 days as I lost my husband of 32 years on April 17th. Like you, having each other was enough for us. David was too ill to go out the last few years and that was okay because we enjoyed being together. We made each other laugh and we just enjoyed watching tv, talking or listening to music. Life is so incredibly empty without him. You don't sound like you are having a pity party......you just sound like the rest of. I hope in time you can find some peace and that the pain diminishes. There are usually some of us in chat in the evenings. Try to join us if you can. It seems to help all of us and I think it might help you as well. We are here to support each other through this horrible time in our lives. Take care.

Archived