Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Probably don't belong here yet...

Maren

• Members

And now it does. Last Thursday at 5:23, I watched my mom take her last breath. Her pacemaker kept her heart pumping until they put a magnet on her chest and it shorted out. I haven't cried. I feel numb.

• Members

Maren, of course you belong here. the sooner you get here the better. it sounds like you need support right now and you are wise to seek it out. this is a very supportive community of people all going through their own losses. i myself lost my husband just on july 5 2012. i still feel numb. the numbness is the body's way of protecting you from the pain. i encourage you to post again, you'll be amazed at the support here. it has helped me through this darkest of hours tremendously. and, for me, i find the chat room great relief. it gets really active at times. right now i am needing to chat, but alas i am the only one up this early?. I respectfully say I am sorry for the loss of your dear mother. Come back for support when you feel ready; we'll be here. peace, val

• Members

Maren,

I posted separately that my mother and my father died last year within 6 weeks of each other. We knew my mother was going to die 6 weeks before she went, although didn't know the time frame. I wish I had. I also wish I had known about this site before she died because that is when I began my grief. I cried and cried, sobbed and sobbed when someone asked me about my mother. I was devastated. I remember talking to someone (a friend) who asked me about her. I told her very matter of factly that she was dying. My friend was shocked. She said I had never said that and I said we didn't know until now. We spoke for a while, I was calm mosty. After the conversation I just sat in the kitchen and sobbed. I was inconsolable! My husband came in and was so upset about my state that he told me I shouldn't talk to her anymore because she upset me (which of course she didn't).

Anyway, grieving, as I have learned, is not always about the "after death." It happens before. And I have grieved on even after her death.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's a process. Let it happen.

Archived