Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My father died too young

vickstrat

• Members

Hi Vickie,

I'm not sure if there was a glitch or if you intended not to put anything on the message body but we would like to hear more from you. Writing about what you are going through helps and this is the perfect platform to come out and share your feelings without being judged in any sort of way.

Ada

• Members

I am 42 vickie and I just buried my dad at 68. He had just retired less than a year ago and took one trip in retirement then he went home after visiting me on their way back home. 4 days after returning home he was hospitalized. Three weeks later he was brought home. 4 days later he left us. I am large man and I feel at times that I am losing my mind. I can move mountains with my hands yet all I could do was watch my pops do was leave my ma and family. I can only imagine how you must feel. I am trying to reach out to people for ideas, conversations, anything to try and make sense out of all the unfairness that seems to exist in death. Less than two years ago we buried my 21 year old niece who had her car run over completely and wedged under a big rig truck. They saved her and after a miraculous recover within a month she passed due to a brain infection. She was studying to be nurse at a childrens hospital for cancer patients in southern california. What I have learned is there is no rhyme or reason to our loved ones leaving us. It seems not fair at best and it hurts beyond explanation!!! I hope for you in your pain that you can try to make some sense out of this human condition... Sincerly, Richard

Archived