Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My feet are nailed to the floor

NotOnPurpose

• Members
NotOnPurpose

I lost my 68 yo father suddenly to a heat attack going on four months ago. He passed away 3 days after I had been let go from my job.

Now I feel like my feet are nailed to the floor. I haven't begun to look for a new job or done anything to move my life forward. Many days I don't even have the energy to even get dressed. I just lay on the couch and watch TV or play with my iPad. My conundrum is that I become restless and anxious from this inactivity but I also can't seem to break free of my lethargy to do anything. I just don't know what to do or how to get moving again.

My wife has been very understanding and patient having lost both of her parents already. However, she has not been able to offer much help as she was very close to Dad and is going through her own grieving process.

Any help or suggestions from those who have been through this feeling on how to start working my way out of it?

• Members

Shooter,

I am sorry about the loss of your father. You have done the right thing in coming here to talk to others. Sharing your story, reading others and getting out your emotions are the best ways to begin to process this profound loss in your life. If you'd like, read others' stories and feel free to respond to them. Hopefully, they will return the encouragement.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
NotOnPurpose
1341960435' post='88860']

Shooter,

I am sorry about the loss of your father. You have done the right thing in coming here to talk to others. Sharing your story, reading others and getting out your emotions are the best ways to begin to process this profound loss in your life. If you'd like, read others' stories and feel free to respond to them. Hopefully, they will return the encouragement.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Thanks Konnie,

Hopefully I can find some solace in this group. I have never had to deal with the death of someone this close to me before and I am at a loss.

S

Archived