Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has anyone ever thought about contacting a Medium?

Aimee

• Members

I know this may sound weird, but I have a friend who lost a child many years ago; and she contacted a medium to help her.

I am not sure I believe in the whole thing; it would be nice though.

Have any of you thought of doing just that, contacting a medium? My thought is that they are different from psychic. I don't know... I do know I would move a mountain to let my husband know that I was sorry for not paying more attention to his complaint the night he died.

• Moderators

No. They are frauds making money in one of the worst possible ways ie feeding off of people's misery.

Just IMO but I am quite confident your husband knows anything and everything you're sorry for. No offense but IMO whatever is "out there" is not meant for us to really know yet (believe and perhaps even feel in some way, but not "know" ie as in factual here's how it works kind of way), and no schmaltzy medium is about to override God on that. I'm sorry if that sounds discouraging and certainly I have no inside track on any of this or "know" for a fact what they can or can't do, again just IMO. I have no doubt whatsoever that no person exists that possesses such abilities. I'm reminded of 100 yrs ago-ish when these were all the rage and Harry Houdini exposed so many.

• Members

Hello Aimee, i think u should do whatever is giing to bring u comfort....only u know what will do that for u. I hsve consider this many times. We know in our hearts where our loves ones are, but we just want to hear from them so bad.....

I know this may sound weird, but I have a friend who lost a child many years ago; and she contacted a medium to help her.

I am not sure I believe in the whole thing; it would be nice though.

Have any of you thought of doing just that, contacting a medium? My thought is that they are different from psychic. I don't know... I do know I would move a mountain to let my husband know that I was sorry for not paying more attention to his complaint the night he died.

• Members

Hi Aimee, I considered myself the biggest skeptic out there, never wanting to see a psychic and not at all buying into what mediums profess to do.A friend of mine made an appt for me (as a gift) to see a medium which I did back in March this year. It was 9 months since Danny died and I needed hope and comfort that he was close to me so I agreed to give it a try. For me, it was just what I needed at the right time. I think any earlier would have been too hurtful. The session was incredibly emotional and overwhelming. If you decide to try it, I suggest you bring someone to sit in with you and record it. (my friend recorded it on her iPhone).As munchkin said, do whatever it is that will bring you comfort. I was lucky to find a wonderful woman with an incredible gift of communicating with spirits. After the session, i left in a state of shock but also peace knowing that Danny is with me. It helped me open my heart to see the signs in everyday life that remind me he is near and regardless of this tragic separation, to know that love knows no boundaries.

• Members

Yes, I have thought about it and still may do it. I did feel like I needed to hear from my husband after he passed. After praying for some kind of contact from him several incidences happened that I felt certain was my husband letting me know he was still "with me". They didn't frighten me. Instead I found them to be quite comforting.

• Members
caregiver-dennis

My wife and I were together more than 50 years. we worked together every day, 4 kids, 8 grand kids. We were best friends. We also agreed that whichever of of went first we try to communicate with the other. Not only did we start within 2 days, I saw 2 mediums to try and verify my experience,but they both said the same thing. I was having a real connection. It was very helpful and enlightening. I have an ongoing conversation with my wife ever since. the mediums help, but the real secret is the relationship I had/have with my wife. To start off, try 'talking' in your head just before bedtime. You may not get a response until you are deep asleep. I get it 'live' and during sleep. Mediums can help to connect you. Good luck.

• Members

My boyfriend recently passed and i have been thinking about going. I really think it will help to get a better understanding. If you've been thinking about it then it might not be a bad idea.

• Members

I think the loss of contact with the person is the hardest thing. I just hope that these mediums don't just give the statistically obvious answers.

• Members

After the sudden loss of our beautiful 17 year old son, my husband and I felt the need to see a medium. For us it was an incredibly healing experience. Just a bit of advice, wait at least 4-6 months after your loved ones passing. Also only see a reputable medium, anyone can just hang out a shingle. My husband and I have seen several different mediums and they all have given us incredible evidential evidence that it was Chris that they were bringing through. My best to you.

• Members

I still want to do this. Everyone tells me that my husband is close, but I dont feel him!! Miss him like crazy will do anything

Archived