Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My story-a newbie.

thehopefulcry2

• Members
thehopefulcry2

2011 was what I refer to as the year of Hell.

My friend Brenda was killed in a motorcycle crash on April 30th. She was taking an s-turn too quickly and hit a jeep in Hawaii. She was in the Navy so they had a Military funeral, then a funeral for her family there. Her body did not get to her home (Wisconsin) for awhile and we were unable to have her funeral until May 16th. This was mind blowing to me. She was 27, had a three year old and just had gotten happily married and then in a blink in of an eye she was dead.

On May 19th my boy friends dad, Kevin, lost his battle with cancer. I was still not okay about Brenda and now, Kris' dad died.

In July, his grandmother died.

That many deaths so closely together changes you, at least it changed me. I still dont know how to deal with it.

I have dreams about Brenda. Last night I dreamed we were at her funeral and she was in her casket. She started to move and then sat up, asked for water and started to giggle. She said something about her mother not letting her eat before bed (as in that was why she was alive for some reason) and I woke up. I thought I should call her, but then realized I couldn't.

I still an in shock partially, and sometimes I just cry and cry. I miss Brenda so much. Kris never has dealt with the death of his dad, really... and I carry that too..

I guess that where I am at right now....

• Members

Thehopefulcry2,

I am so very sorry about your sudden losses. Of course you are reeling and having a difficult (if that's even the right word) time right now. Your weird dreams, or even nightmares are actually common (just so you know). Many people experience them.

So, do you have anyone to talk to? Are you taking care of yourself? Have you thought about a group or individual counseling for a few sessions?

We will be here to listen and offer you support and encouragement.

ModKonnie

• Members

I know how u feel about too much loss all at once I lost to grandads in 2months and a friend last year and it's hard to see an end to the hurt. I'm so sorry for your losses. I think counciling may help you come to terms with it all.

Archived