Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grandson

Amelia75

• Members

We all have so many tragedy's that we will exsperience in our lifes..I made a mistake by not taking this to the Lord first. I refuse to let this tragedy destroy my happiness with bitterness in my heart. I have let go and turned this over to Jesus.

• Members

Dear Karen

I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your precious grandchild. I understand your pain and sadness. I lost my only child Stephen 5 years ago and this message board saved my sanity and life. I am so very glad you have sought help in alanon and a mental health support group I sought the help of both and still attend alnon meetings weekly. Please know you are not alone ant that reaching out and sharing your pain helps to begin the healing.

Keep posting and when you are able go to the Gallery section of the message Board and set up a photo album of sweet memories I know that has helped me.

In my thoughts.

• Members

Dear Karen,

My heart goes out to you and your family in this tragic loss. I have a little one myself and couldn't even imagine the pain you are suffering. We also had an acquaintance recently who lost her 18 month old to drowning and I cannot get her out of my mind. We understand that you are going through one of the most difficult circumstances in your life and that the emotions that come with that can vary wildly. This happened only a few days ago and you might be overwhelmed with emotional stress. I have found that reading the Bible and meditating on its promises for the future to see our loved ones again has brought me immeasurable amount of hope and comfort. Please don't feel like you are alone in this regard since that is why we have gathered in this board. Although I do agree with NYmeme that attacking your son may not be the right thing to do, please remember that he is grieving too and the guilt he must be feeling may be enough torture. Instead, "a word at its right time is O how good!" (Proverbs 15:23)

NYmeme,

I do see your point here, but you should try and understand that Karen is going through a very very difficult time. That being said, I do agree with the statement that what you say on the internet stays forever on the internet and that Karen needs to be careful about what she says. Ultimately, the one being the most hurt is the little one. I know that you, as well as me, haven't felt the pain that Karen has and therefore we don't know for sure how we would have reacted. Maybe we would be all Mr. Jekyll and Hyde after all. It is very sad but words are so powerful they can crush a spirit. In fact I really like how its power is put in James 3:5, 6: "The tongue is a little member and yet makes great brags. Look! How little a fire it takes to set so great a woodland on fire! Well, the tongue is a fire." I'm not saying don't speak your mind, but there are ways in which counsel can be given with a little commendation to go along with it.

This forum is an outlet for many of us and should be a source of comfort. Let's all of us, please keep the negative comments to ourselves so that we can all contribute to the peace of whole.

Kind Regards,

Ada

• Members

I have let go and let God take care of my situation..and to remove any bitterness in my heart..

• Members

. The only thing I do know is this is a horrible tragedy for us all. And we will be forever changed. Karen

Karen I'm really happy to see that the negative was removed. The last thing anyone needs on these message boards is people posting mean comments. You know I love you and you are always in my prayers...

Archived