Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost mom today 5 yrs ago

sadgirl1938

• Members
sadgirl1938

i lost her today at almost 10:30 am. it was june 6 2007

life has been over and done w/o her in it for me.

havent had even one good memory w/o her in my life

made so many mistakes and have had so much hardship w/o her.

family never speaks to each other any more.

everything broke down w/o her in it.

just weep inside for her so much.

today i will be going to the cemetery to take her flowers.

i miss her so.

• Members
Daffodilfun

I am really sorry. It is tough losing a parent and you loosing your mom was terrible for you. I am sorry that your family is not there for each other at this time. I want you to know that everything you are going through is completely normal. I am worried about you and how you feel so lost. Is there anyone you can talk to? How about a minister or a grief counselor? There may be a grief group in your area that could help. I recommend you contact the local hospital or hospice. They would know if there is one.

Know that we are here for you. Please write again and tell us how you are doing.

Sally

• Members

I am so sorry that you are going thru this. My prayers are with you and your family.

At first I read that your mom passed away 5 DAYS ago....but I'm a bit slow at times and finally realized what it said.

This sounds a lot like the "syndrome" that our family when thru when my sister (age 42) died unexpectedly in 1981. She was the life and soul of our family. We all became a bit distant......especially my older sister. Although older sis lived right next door.....mother and I rarely saw her. She showed up last Christmas and then once this Spring.....always using silly excuses. We will never know why she was the way she was.....she overdosed on RX meds back in March. Our family was so disconnected.

Know what happened? Our family suddenly got closer....what is left of it.....and just in time. Mother passed 2 weeks later. Now it's only my two brothers and myself. We are healing.....life is becoming normal again. We hug, kiss, tell each other how much we love and appreciate each other.....and stay in touch. The past few weeks HAVE BEEN HELL but there is a bright beacon ahead giving me strength.

Finding someone to talk to is KEY to overcoming the emptiness. Even the words exchanged on forums and in chat will help.....BUT, a real, live, human being is much better. I've found that getting out and shopping, talking to strangers about the mundane and boring.....is therapeutic.

Please share some more about your mother. It sounds like she was a rock.

Derry

• Members

I know how you feel, lost mom 6 months ago and been lonely and alone ever since, joy is almost non existant and i miss her so much.

I totally understand and will pray for you for healing, and a better life in the future for all of us.

Nameste

Debbie

Archived