Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Almost saw him

LMR

• Moderators

I went through that many years ago when at Winco, I saw a man from behind that looked just like George from behind, his neck, his hair, his physique...and my heart did a double beat...then when I saw his face, the letdown.  So hard yet for just a moment...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Those brief moments are just the weirdest experiences to go through....quite similar to when they show up in our dreams. I've had them occur a few times in grocery stores. It will usually be someone around the same height and weight as my partner which seems to immediately flare up a lasting familiarity deep within me. And it's a bittersweet moment...saddened that it's not him but also in awe of how embedded he is in my heart. At the snap of a finger, I remember. 

• Hugs 3

• Moderators
widower2

I can't decide if I would want such a moment or not tbh. As the rest of you have said or alluded to...bittersweet... 

• Like 4